Note to New Members ×

Summit Sunday the 14th

Arclite

I won't be riding with the crew on Sunday. My friend will be working on my car on Sunday. But, I'll probably be snowboarding on Monday.

Carving conditions at Bear was really good on Thursday; without a cloud in sky. Not quite Hero, but close. And the super pipe was in the best condition I've seen it all season.

Weather is looking good for Sunday:biggthump

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok count me in also. Luca will give you call later on today (Sat.) to confirm for sun. This is great, more and more carvers at summit ! Hey Julian if you are going to try Aarons coda may I try the virus after Aaron ? Buy you a burger or something, lol...

Go for it :biggthump

I'll bring my Donek FCI 171 if anyone wants to try it. It's not exactly a Virus, and I haven't been on a Coda, but people are definitely welcome to give it a go.

Maybe later.

Your coiler is metal right?

The raceplates aren't hurting the metal right?

If you want, and if Robert and Aaron are done with it early, you can try the Virus.

Which reminds me; Robert, what bindings are you using?

TD2's?

If you're on TD2's we'll bring lexan plates and longer screws (I think?)

or if you're on TD3's, you're fine.

Maybe later.

Your coiler is metal right?

The raceplates aren't hurting the metal right?

If you want, and if Robert and Aaron are done with it early, you can try the Virus.

Which reminds me; Robert, what bindings are you using?

TD2's?

If you're on TD2's we'll bring lexan plates and longer screws (I think?)

or if you're on TD3's, you're fine.

TD'2s but no worries either way, well figure something out...

Julian, what are you talking about? If he tries the board, he can just use your TD3 cants and rings for his stance, and then pop his baseplates on for his sole length/intec. With TD2s he'd have to do all that disassembly anyway.

You can do the same on his board during the swap. Too bad Aaron doesn't run Bombers..

BTW Raceplates are fine for metal as long as you're within the weight range and using a topsheeted board. From the Man himself.

BTW Raceplates are fine for metal as long as you're within the weight range and using a topsheeted board. From the Man himself.

Using topsheeted board with raceplates. As of today, I weighed in at 143.0 lbs. (I randomly stepped on a scale today). I highly doubt I'm exceeding weight ranges and will break anything (although the Tanker 192 breaking surprised me:().

Ufff... Was so excited to come up!!!! And it also looks like there's a lot of people and the weather is probably fantastic...

Unfortunately Mary wasn't feeling well this morning (:barf:)... Hope you guys had a great time and we'll see you next occasion...

It was good to see everyone and ride with you again today.

Aaron and/or Julian: I got on Coda's web site to check out the boards. Which model was Aaron's Coda? I don't think it was the V-2-10, but I've listed the 3 models shown on the web site below.

V-0 170 cm

V-0-xL 185 cm

V-2-10 170 cm

Kerry, my board is a 190cm but the same specs apply for my board as the V-O XL just 5 cm longer. I also had Chad trim down the tip some as it has a large upturn to it. It would be great for powder but in SoCal we don't get that much so I didn't need it.

I will offer it to you to use, I think you will be very surprised by the performance of the board. Give Chad some feedback is all I ask.

Good to see you and Lorie today, it has been too long my friend!

Good to see everyone again especially "MR Cross Under" (excellent riding there Albert, you tha MAN!) . Celine glad you were at the meet point that Luca set up, unfortunately Luca and Mary could'nt make it. Pretty sure next time around.

Rob

Today was fun. Got my heelside down :eplus2:

I loved that Coda 190.

It needs a better nose job though ;)

Albert, you look so out of control on those cross-unders, and yet, so in control.... :freak3:

You Da MAN!

Robert, here are a few of my favorite shows from Jojo Mayer & Nerve.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRU3Sxt9tY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRU3Sxt9tY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjIkArlKH4k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjIkArlKH4k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3ZNaavXr4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3ZNaavXr4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Look up "Prohibited Beats - Jojo Mayer & Nerve" on itunes and you should find their CD.

I sent an email to Da Man (Bruce) that built the board that's been making me look good lately (and of course everyone's critique of my riding with pointers is most helpful)... hehe

Part of his response:

Not sure what the TC means? The T means tight sidecut which actual #s are 10/12.7/12m

The "C" I don't remember but it may be a 0 as teh # should be 164 VSR T 010AC1 and then the last 2 digits are the stiffness #

Also on occasion when the board is an early one in a series, I still have not standardized the serial #s so that may be another possibility.

Thanks again for the info, the word is spreading and I am already booked till Sept so if you ever want another board, order early as I have no plans to change or speed things up as the results are good as is.

BV

So, if you want a board, get in line quick. Also, since mine was an early/experimental model, he's since split between a carve version of mine and a more all-mountain version of mine. Apparently mine is the more carve oriented version (still awesome for all-mountain IMO, especially since I don't ever go off trail anymore). The AM version should be more friendly for going off trail.

Kerry, my board is a 190cm but the same specs apply for my board as the V-O XL just 5 cm longer. I also had Chad trim down the tip some as it has a large upturn to it. It would be great for powder but in SoCal we don't get that much so I didn't need it.

I will offer it to you to use, I think you will be very surprised by the performance of the board. Give Chad some feedback is all I ask.

Good to see you and Lorie today, it has been too long my friend!

I appreciate the offer. I may take you up on it. One other question: Does your board have the metal dampening in the tail?

Snow Summit? The last pic of the grey helmet guy looking down the run looks like the run we had a race at years ago. Boy that brings back some bad memories. :(

It also appears that it was a great day out for a sizable crew.

OVR,

How is the 190 tracking with the cut down nose? My assumption is that the board isn't wanting to climb the hill as much as the one you rode out at Lovey.

Keep up the fun and don't forget to join the LCI if you ever get to CO, like

OVR does.

Ink

Snow Summit? The last pic of the grey helmet guy looking down the run looks like the run we had a race at years ago. Boy that brings back some bad memories. :(

It also appears that it was a great day out for a sizable crew.

OVR,

How is the 190 tracking with the cut down nose? My assumption is that the board isn't wanting to climb the hill as much as the one you rode out at Lovey.

Keep up the fun and don't forget to join the LCI if you ever get to CO, like

OVR does.

Ink

Yeah, Summit. The Wall.

Tracking? sorry, lingo noob here.

The board is very mellow, if you don't push it.

As soon as you start pushing it and forcing it, it goes nuts and holds an edge on anything.

By "Tracking" he means the more turned up nose of the Coda will grab and try to track back up the hill in a turn compared to a board with a decambered nose, so the nose may look like it's chattering a bit, not smooth like my Kessler. I haven't noticed this but I haven't been on much hero groom with my Coda, I think it would be less on harder snow.

We compared trenches at Mountain High and mine was wider than Theos

Coiler because of this.

The Coda still sticks to hard snow better than anything else I have and will work better in powder!:biggthump