Note to New Members ×

03/04 Indy''s or 04/05 Heads?

MapofTaziFoSho

Sorry I can't add much substance at this moment. My Heads are to be delivered any day now,....and I will take them to slopes this coming weekend and let you know afterwards. I chose for Heads based on 2 other carver's experiences (met them personally on slopes) that tried Raichle's and then these Heads and they were very upbeat about Heads.

Guest Randy S.

I'm reluctant to help out someone from State, but I guess you win points for being a hardbooter. :D

Do a search here and see what you find. I think you'll find threads with decent descriptions of the relative fit of the two boots. I too am waiting for my first pair of Heads. They should show up in the shop in the next few weeks. I should be able to review them by early December.

If you are going to buy them from Bomber, why not order both and see which fit you better. Bomber has a great return policy for boots, so take advantage of it. Personally, I think the Head boots are built better, and I hate those ratchet straps on the Deeluxe, so you know where I stand. Plus the Deeluxe just don't fit my foot very well, even with Thermoflex.

M Go Blue!

I don't have the indys so I can't speak from experience regarding the fit of those but I do have the SB413. Only been on one season with them but I wasn't too impressed by the fit/feel of the raichles. It would be a more fair comparison if I put thermo liners in them. I bought a pair of Head Vectors w/ their semi-moldable liners and by just standing in my living room, they feel a whole lot better. I also like the buckles better on my heads. Haven't tried them out yet but my hunch is that I'll like the heads better.

Guest ethanpt

I had a pair of heads and they dug into my skin big time on the right foot. baisically the plastic folded in and pushed into the top part of my foot- had to return them. otherwise i liked how they functioned. great buckles. if they fit you right and don't hurt your feet I think they are nice boots.

Depends on lots of things. I tried both (in store only). The Heads are wider and more upright (the way I tried them at least) than the Deeluxe. And the Deeluxe have LOTS of forward lean because of the RAB, and that same RAB does not have a walk/ride lever, so it always stays in the same position. And from what I know, both are quite stiff.