Note to New Members ×

Anyone here still Ski?

TrenchKnife

:lol: I said that very tongue in cheek. I know it took skill to ski like that. I think though, it looks a very boring way to ski groomers. Maybe that's why they were so enthusiastic about moguls back in the day. With the advent of modern carving skis, groomers can be as challenging as you want to make them.

I often wonder, when I see some skier out on straight sticks, doing their best Stein Erickson impression, with the poles swinging madly back and forth, what they think about everyone else they can see on the slope..... "does no one know how to ski any more ?"

BobD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.........The only role models that skiers have for carving are the WC racers......

That seems like a pretty good model to me. The only style that I really LOVE to do on skis IS racing style...I just don't have the desire for any other style on skis. I just like the precision that is involved. It's a MUCH more technical style than rec skiing. I mean check out the pic below...even at that extreme carve, his body is still basically at the same plane. THAT'S precision.

Gravity IS Life.

post-8918-141842308805_thumb.jpg