Note to New Members ×

thermoflex vs. intuition

jpk

Hello!

I ride a DeeLuxe Le Mans with the ordinary thermoflex liner. Satisfaction is about 80% due to the fact, that my slim feet swim a bit eventhough the length of the liner is perfect. Would Intuition liners bring any advantage? Has anybody any experience with them?

Thanks

JPK

I already use a footbed; probably I should take a new liner one size below; probably my shell will then be to wide. Has anybody any experience with intuition liners?

yyzcanuck: are you dave morgan? Aren´t you selling them on yyzcanuck.com?

• 10 months later...

wanted to bump this thread because Im curious about the Intuiton liners...

just got off the phone with a rep for them, and he kinda poo-poo'd the ThermoFlex liners:)

BUT...to be honest..Im confused as hell about the origins of these things! I got the impression that Intuition used to make the TF liners for Raichle? Who makes them for Deeluxe now, then?

anyone?

Originally posted by D-Sub

wanted to bump this thread because Im curious about the Intuiton liners...

just got off the phone with a rep for them, and he kinda poo-poo'd the ThermoFlex liners:)

BUT...to be honest..Im confused as hell about the origins of these things! I got the impression that Intuition used to make the TF liners for Raichle? Who makes them for Deeluxe now, then?

anyone?

I think Initution has the patent on the heat moldable foam that is used in the TF liners. So like TF has to license/buy the stuff from Intuition and they are always a generation or two behind Intuition, which always had the latest and greatest "innovations" in materials and hence probably design.

I had the same problem with skinny ankles etc. I have fitted heel lifts, tongue pads and c-pads on the ankle bones and I now have very comfortable boots. Essentially all boots are made to fit an average shape - which of us is that? I believe that it is well worth persevering with fitting your own boots as this is something that needs to be done as you ride - one rune/ one fit/ one run/ one fit. I got everything where is felt good over two days or so with velcro dots and then glued it all in place with contact adhesive.

The boots are starting to pack out a little now so I anticipate having to add some more foam.

I have it on good authority that Raichle used to buy their "Thermoflex" liners from Intuition. Never heard about patents, but it seems plausible. I've had Intuition liners with and without the Raichle branding and they're basically the same.

They do come in two thicknesses though, I think the numbers are 9mm and 13mm or something like that. My boots are little roomy around the ankle so my boot fitter put in the thicker liners and that helped. Additional foam here and there helped some more. Now I just need the shell stretched a little bit across the toes and I'll be happy...

I haven't actually seen the current models of each side-by-side, but I would wager that they are essentially identical, except for the texture of the fabric used for the outer layer and maybe some stitching. Over the last few years I have used two sets of Raichle-branded liners and two sets of Intuition-branded liners and those were the only things that set them apart. Intiutions come in two thicknesses, as I mentioned above, but I'm not sure if Raichle offers two thicknesses or not.

And really, that is no difference. :) The fitting process is the same and the results are the same. I'm going to buy at least one set of liners this season, probably two, and which brand(s) I end up with does not matter to me. Unless there's a price difference, in which case I'll buy whatever costs less.

theres a significant difference in price if you consider bomber has the TF on sale for $98

your statement that theyre the same is diametrically opposed to the claim that the intuition rep made to me. Theirs is far more advanced according to him

I hate **** like this.

Originally posted by Kent

Uh...I did for running for about 1/2 a mile.

These should not be considered "custom insoles". They are "do it yourself" crapsoles. A bit better then standard liners, but not much....

a bit harsh? I mean...if theyre heat molded like some of our liners, then they conform to the profile of your foot, no?

so...crapsoles?