Note to New Members ×

Grol

pebu

I'm taking GROL training in California in March. Just seeing if there's anybody with a GROL out there.

I'll be able to legally operate a ham radio if I so choose.

My company is sending me so that we will be able to perform EMI shielding effectiveness testing on some of our products.

Just out of curiousity, anybody out there work for a division of AAR. It's a huge company with lots of facilities out there, I figure maybe.

I'm taking GROL training in California in March. Just seeing if there's anybody with a GROL out there.

I'll be able to legally operate a ham radio if I so choose.

My company is sending me so that we will be able to perform EMI shielding effectiveness testing on some of our products.

Just out of curiousity, anybody out there work for a division of AAR. It's a huge company with lots of facilities out there, I figure maybe.

What's a GROL and what's AAR?

Yu confused me with your post not that it is hard to do.

I have nothing to offer.

GROL is General Radiotelephone Operator License. The military radio operators probably had to get this license. You'd probably know if you had this license, just seeing if there was anybody else out there that does.

AAR Corp. started out as Allen Aircraft Radio. Now there's so many divisions of it. One division makes landing gear for planes for example. Another does repair work on planes. The place I work for makes mobile containers and shelters that most of them are designed to roll in and out of planes like c17 and c130, et. al. Another thing where, if you worked at a division of AAR you'd probably know it. Just curious there too.

used to be into cb radio in the late 70's. made some life long friends. we were complete *******s on the radio. we'd go around pinning coax cables, keying over each other, playing music, etc. once we got cars it escalated into tacking people down, lawn jobs, egging houses, checking out the chicks behind the mics. one day i got into a physical assault in my backyard with this freak off the cb. almost had him. memories :eplus2:

i couldn't help myself, flaking out on the radio was fun! we had power mikes, linears, extra channels above 40.

during college i got my tech license but didn't have a radio.

went to a ham-vention once after college. all these guys with 2m handhelds wearing their call sign hats were talking to each from across the convention center was lame. if i couldn't associate with these guys during the day, why bother. completely turned me off.

i think the tech is cool but its sort of a dying hobby.