Note to New Members ×

K2 Domain Snowboard

BobD

I picked up a new old stock K2 Domain snowboard. I can not find a single reference to this model on the net (just a lot of K2 Domain boots).

Anybody know anything about this model. It's a side wall, and cap construction, with Kildyflex type structures around the bindings in the lay up.

BobD

Thanks Bob. I actually picked it up at Sports Authority. I think sometimes, they have boards on clearance that are not from their normal stock, but are odd sample boards, that come down from head office.

Anyway, it's seems to be a great freeride board. Quite stiff, and carves well. Pity about the new inexperienced lifties that wrecked the base. Shoveling snow with sharp rocks in, onto the loading area. I was skating forward, and suddenly the board stopped dead. As the chair moved away, I could look back and see the sharp rock sticking up (and several smaller bits of gravel). I had to explain to them why this was not good :smashfrea

BobD

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Bob. I actually picked it up at Sports Authority. I think sometimes, they have boards on clearance that are not from their normal stock, but are odd sample boards, that come down from head office.

Anyway, it's seems to be a great freeride board. Quite stiff, and carves well. Pity about the new inexperienced lifties that wrecked the base. Shoveling snow with sharp rocks in, onto the loading area. I was skating forward, and suddenly the board stopped dead. As the chair moved away, I could look back and see the sharp rock sticking up (and several smaller bits of gravel). I had to explain to them why this was not good :smashfrea

BobD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: Unless your ticket or season pass has a disclaimer that expressly says: "Our employees who toss 3/4 minus gravel on to the lift pack are not responsible for the associated damage to your board" , I would say the ski-board park owes you a new board.:cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: Unless your ticket or season pass has a disclaimer that expressly says: "Our employees who toss 3/4 minus gravel on to the lift pack are not responsible for the associated damage to your board" , I would say the ski-board park owes you a new board.:cool:

nope, this is untrue unless you want to bring it to small claims court.

it says they can't promise conditions will be perfect, rocks are covered, even at a lift. they MIGHT want to keep him happy but if he were to push it to court for example they can decide not to sell him a pass in the future or tell him not to come back.

they will probably offer you a base repair at their shop if you really push it.

the only times I've ever heard of a area replacing gear was when a box on a gondola fell off that was holding the passenger's skis and also when patrollers forgot to put up ropes leading to trails with no snow at all.

in the second incident the replaced skis were as much to stay out of court for negligence as much as anything because one of the few skiers who skied into the mud got pretty ****ed up.

Actually, the gouge wasn't that bad. When a base is new, every little mark looks terrible. That pile of bad snow for the lifties to use, had been dug out, and replaced the next day.

So having paid $51 for this board, it turns out to be a great softboot carver.

BobD