Note to New Members ×

Shawndoggy's advice requested (GoPro)

davekempmeister

Hope you don't mind taking a minute to respond, if you see this. I really have just gotten to work learning my way around the camera. I've had it on my head, arm, shin, boot and am beginning to work with a boom, of sorts. Clearly, the most interesting angle is the mounting on the nose of the board with the rider as subject, like you showed all of us last year.

Anyway, I'm having terrible difficulties securing the mounting disc. I bought the surfboard mount like you suggested (thanks) and the adhesive got too brittle in Colorado cold (10 F), breaking away. Just sort of chipped off. The board was clean and warm when I mounted, to be sure. Next I tried a bead of clear silicone that circumnavigated the whole disc. Better result but the vibration, weight of the camera and cold worked in concert to diminish the silicone. Eventually, it failed. Still have my camera though.

So if you think of anything (accessories or improvisations) that might help with this, let me know. The HD is incredible, but the downside is that my computer isn't up to the task. Too large file sizes and so much compression. I've been viewing it unedited through a big TV and couldn't be more impressed. Absolutely worth the $$.

I have the GoPro Helmet Hero Wide and tried using the suction cup mount on my Coiler-it adheres but the cold, vibration, etc did cause a rough and tumble exit(mind you at very conservative speed b/c I knew it would happen). I tried the suction cup attachment on my full face helmet and it adhered quite well. Now waiting on the vented helmet strap to use and hope it get's here today for riding this weekend.