Note to New Members ×

AF700 forward lean adjustment?

Guest Cutter

Anyone have any insight / suggestions on how to adjust the "asymetric flow transmission system"? When I first got the AF700s, I rode them for a day before I was so confused on how to adjust the forward lean settings that I pulled out the five position lean element from my old (but still good!) 225s.

I am guessing there are two things going on...one is stiffness, the other is forward lean angle. am i right? suggestions? help?

Carve on,

Alex

The top collar allows you to dial in the initial position of the boot cuff, and the stiffness of the spring with the bottom collar adjustment allows you to dial in how easy (hard) it is to flex the boot. Definitely superior to the 5 position lock that it replaces. But if you like stiff, the 5 position adjuster from older boots will work.

Originally posted by Cutter

I am guessing there are two things going on...one is stiffness, the other is forward lean angle. am i right? suggestions? help?

Carve on,

Alex

Yes you are right (sort of). Both do either and the same thing near as I know.

I do not think that there is an easy way to explain this. Perhaps this: When you move the spring assembly down the forward lean increases. When you lower just the lower nut the static lean increases and the flex softens allowing for even more lean when loaded. Reverse this for less forward lean/flex.

What I did with my 700s was first find the spring tension that I liked and then second was to move the entire assembly up (or down - both nuts the same turn count) to get the forward lean that I wanted

THANKS Everyone!

I am trying to figure out how much to extend the top bolt to corrispond to positions 1 - 5 on the old 5 position system. Any ideas? If not, I may remount a 5 position on one boot and a RAB on the other...and take pictures to show the screw extension at each position.

Alex

Guest Marilyn Cambers

Oh, my Marilyn has much to learn about this sport!! Can't wait! It's amazing the verbage that comes from this oh, let's say male-dominated sport ... stiffness, nuts, forward lean angle, collar adjustment, flexing the boot, forward lean, flex softening, remounting (a five position no less) ... ahh ha ha ...

No offense ~ just bringing some levity to the very technical male world !

Marilyn ;)