Note to New Members ×

beware new upz owners

Ear dragger

that's the plan .. to locktite everything.

it was such a great day.

Good thing I'm out on on a family vacation for the next week so I won't need my boots in Mexico ;) . Just e-mail Dan so hopefully I will have the parts if not I'll have to improvise next week.

Bummer E!

I lost both canting disks on the same boot on the same run once...:angryfire

I had to go to the hardware store and throw together different washers and a screw to get them back on the snow. Bola styled me with parts to replace the washers and I started using locktight on every screw after that.

Which loctite did you use -- the blue one or the red one ?

I use blue

I understand it is more mild than red... but I still use it sparingly and careful not to get it on any plastic. I've heard stories about improper use of locktite causing problems... like inserts on a board loosening up or coming out. I would imagine it could eat up plastic boot material rather quickly

+1 for Larry the bootfitter in Boulder

There is also a guy in Winter Park, Colorado who only does custom boot fitting. He sells Dallbello boots, custom fit liners (including Intuition), and custom orthotics. I've had him fit several pairs of boots for me with great success.

Here is the web link: http://www.lefeetlab.com/sltesto.html

+1 for this guy. He fit my stratos pro's like a glove (and I can't imagine that's too easy since I've had an ankle reconstruction and my right foot is all wonky..). It's been ~100 days of riding and they still fit nice and cozy.