Note to New Members ×

Thrilled about tomorrow

photodad2001

We just got 3 inches of snow and we are expecting another with winds blowing into tomorrow!!! Am I hitting the slopes? No friggin' way!!! Me and my bro are going to hit the lake of ice crystals with about a 7 meter sail and save about 95 dollars worth of lift tickets. Holiday season sucks. We are going to be sailing the wind on an altered 171 Sims with about a 10 acre peice of land of untracked canvass. Wind rider till the end.

It's quarter till 12 and my car is loaded and I'll be sailing tomorrow. I stopped drinking at 10 tonight so I can be up early to ride the crystal flakes on the wind. I think my passion has changed from gravity to wind. Sorry to say, but I will be spending more money on sailing equipment than a new board this year.

fishrising, now you're pushing the limits of my computer :freak3: illiteracy (trying to post a picture) but I'll 'try'.

Meanwhile go to Snowfer.com (if you are not familiar with the Snowfer) and check it out :biggthump. Waay too much FUN :eek: :eek:, specially if you already have the rigs.

This thing is SWEET, P-Tex base for snow & bolt on Blades for Ice. Load up on Safety Gear & Scare the crap out of yourself :biggthump

photodad2001, I've got a (like new) 'Snowfer, KC-3' that has only been used 1 time that I'd give someone a good deal on :biggthump.

Talk about a 'hoot', used once on Ice (lake) with a 3.7 and was :eek: :eek: scary fast :D.

That sounds cool! Do you have any pics of it? My set up "works", but in heavy conditions it tends to bog down a bit. Also ice sailing would be very difficult. Post a pic.

Let's see a photo of your setup! I want to do this. I am already an avid sailor, with a quiver of sails ranging from 4.6-10.5, and boards from 8'9-12'6.

Years ago I tried to build a contraption out of an old pair of skis and a mast base. Didn't work...maybe an old snowboard is the answer???

Here's what I rigged up as a prototype. It works but you need the right conditions. I used toe staps off of a pair of Ride bindings I had laying around.

post-6711-14184229567_thumb.jpg

yeah but do you ride barefoot? REAL men Ride it bare. Rofl,

Thats a great setup, I made a old ice board when I lived by lake michigan Extra long skateboard, moded the trucks to accept old ice skate blades.

Worked great till I hit the shore at half speed, wrecked everything! busted toe, broken finger 8 stitches on the inside of my lip, chipped tooth, sale shredded board split and mast riped out and broke 3/4 up the mast. My mom was less then pleased as she had to take me to the hospital. Good times!

yeah but do you ride barefoot? REAL men Ride it bare. Rofl,

Thats a great setup, I made a old ice board when I lived by lake michigan Extra long skateboard, moded the trucks to accept old ice skate blades.

Worked great till I hit the shore at half speed, wrecked everything! busted toe, broken finger 8 stitches on the inside of my lip, chipped tooth, sale shredded board split and mast riped out and broke 3/4 up the mast. My mom was less then pleased as she had to take me to the hospital. Good times!

Not barefoot, but no boots either. I've got a pair of low cut Vans "snowskate" shoes with neoprene cuffs around the ankle to keep out the wet. I've also got a 47 inch Sector 9 modified with a mast foot just behind the front truck. That thing is wicked fast and I'm not about to try any tricks, all cruizin' no bruizin'.:biggthump

Here's a mid-top version. http://www.evogear.com/shoes/vans-ico-iv-snowskate.aspx