Note to New Members ×

Have you ever bagged it after two runs?

Sultan Guy

+1 for season pass.

I usually bail after 2-3 runs if lift lines are 30min+, which can happen frequently early/late season Colorado. Or if it's super cold with bad wind chills. Either way, I usually take it as a sign that it's time for brunch/lunch and some drinks. :)

I've bagged it five minutes after getting out of bed at 5:00AM. :D

Seriously though, I actually bagged the board today after two runs as it was getting way too crowded for me to feel comfortable trying to carve and I just couldn't focus on what I was doing with out feeling completely paranoid of running into someone. Threw on the skis for a bit, then headed home.

Which led me to to ponder how many hardbooters are affected by the crowds? Do you guys just bag it or just work through it? As a newb I get so paranoid about what is going on around me when its getting crowded that I completely lose focus and it goes to hell.

Big ups on the season pass and staying near by though.

My local hill in Vancouver, Grouse Mountain, has a reputation for being the most convenient hill to learn on, so the density of new skiers and boarders is higher than average.

I tend to go up first thing in the morning, and be off the hill by 1130- the lift lines just get too slow and the runs get too congested with meat gates.

I know the hill well enough and am confident enough in my riding ability to weave my way through almost any kind of traffic, but I get tense about keeping people from dinging my topsheet when standing in very long and SLOW liftlines with people with little or no situational awareness or board and ski etiquette...

To keep this thread on track, yes, I have bailed after my first run. It usually is because of two or more of the following factors being present: rain, limited or no visibility, equipment malfunction, or illness...

Geo

...and it was awesome. Of course I bagged it after 4 hours, but the ticket I paid for was good for 2 more. I left because I don't have my legs back yet and when I came in for my second break and stood back up I could tell I was done. I could have gone back out, but that's typically when I injure myself. The crowd was also starting to build as it was 2:00 and after work people and even some kids were showing up.

I drove 100 miles each way to Shasta in nor Cali , 2 runs and "Im outa here", rain-sleet pellets, fog and human bowling pins every were on new year day.:(

That reminds me of the time I drove 3 hours through a foot of snow at night to hike the hill twice and "poach" 2 powder runs because I knew by morning they'd have groomed it all. I went the next day too. That was when I was in my early 20's. Looking back I could have gotten injured and possibly even groomed over the next day. But I didn't.:D

i woke up fifteen minutes ago and realized i slept on my @^#%ing neck, and bagged it right there in bed, if that counts as bagging it, despite being a 3 minute drive away from the slopes :) hopefully i'll be fine tomorrow. time for some breakfast and movies.