Note to New Members ×

Dalbello Boots

Keyser Soze

I've noticed that some non-racing riders do tear it up on certain Dalbello models (Boris has quite a bit of expertise in this matter if I'm not mistaken), so I was wondering if anybody had some input on a few used boots I was considering.

<O:p

Dalbello Avanti V9<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

<O:pdalbello-avanti-1-o7ujggfe.jpg</O:p>

<O:pdalbello-avanti-2-q03j4qtr.jpg</O:p>

</O:p

Dalbello NX "Unnomex 60"<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:pdalbello-nx-onmytqns.jpg</O:p>

Anybody have any experience with/know anything about these?

<O:p</O:pThanks!<O:p</O:p

A lot of racers were on Dalbello Krypton Pros for the last couple years. I've heard good things - I just picked up a used pair myself, but I haven't ridden them yet - but from what I've heard most are riding the UPZ boots now.

So "Dalbello boots" in general weren't being ridden on boards - it was certain specific models based on the old Raichle Flexon molds (with updates by Dalbello apparently). The boots you have pictured there don't seem to be the same type.

Other than that, don't know.

greg

Yeah, I was looking at those Kryptons when they were first posted, but decided they would likely be too small as my foot is a 9.5 US, also, although a sweet deal, they were a little out of my price range.

Anyway, I know Blue runs a pair of Dalbello CarveX, so I was just wondering if any of Dalbello's other models had been test run on plates.

I opted for CarveX/CRX/Reflex:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11956&stc=1&d=1206175448

Which are basically Head Stratos with DIN blocks and probably stiffer plastic.

When I bought my 1st pair of CarveX I also had Avanti V8 (as the matter of fact, they are still in the box, kicking around my garage, somewhere). I think they can work - they have soft/hard flex mode switch. However, their sole length is longer for the same boot size and flex is slightly stiffer. I do not think you can BTS them, which is still posssible with CarveX:

attachment.php?attachmentid=16305&stc=1&d=1236022221

If interested in my Avanties (26.5 or 26?) I could dig them out...

BlueB do you use the Carve X for skiing ?

What was the original flex like, and was it adjustable ? I like a hard flex for skiing, and a relatively hard flex for boarding (I use Burton boots).

It would be nice just to flick a switch on the back of the boot, but I'm sure there is no answer, other than to like skiing with a softer flex.

BobD

Bob, original switch has Walk/Carve/Ski positios and lean adjuster.

In Ski mode the boot is just like any high end non-racing ski boot. In Carve mode it flexes forward but comes to the dead stop (edit) on back side, where you adjusted the lean. Feels like Deluxe in powder mode but stiffer. In walk mode its just free flex both ways. I was able to snowboard in all 3 modes.

BTS mod gave me smoother and bigger flex. I still ski on them. I figured that I can just crank up the buckles a bit to stiffen for skiing, rather then fiddling with BTS. The rebound of the tails is a bit less crisp and predictable on the BTSed version.

This year I switched from original Dalbello TrueFit liners (pretty good!) to ZipFit. That stiffened the boot quite a bit. I think that I'll do more carving into the internal "wings".