Note to New Members ×

Crystal Mtn.

pebu

Man, Sunday was epic! Fell in love with snowboarding again. Bought some bindings and they came with cant so I had to try it out. Um... Yeah, they helped my riding a bit. I had a hard time washing out my heelsides. Initiations were lightning quick it felt like. I was snapping out of my turns, even on my damp board.

Red Prior and TD1s, who was that?

Man, Sunday was epic! Fell in love with snowboarding again. Bought some bindings and they came with cant so I had to try it out. Um... Yeah, they helped my riding a bit. I had a hard time washing out my heelsides. Initiations were lightning quick it felt like. I was snapping out of my turns, even on my damp board.

Red Prior and TD1s, who was that?

Hey I saw you on the hill on Sunday. I never got a chance to run you down though. I spent a lot of the day on skis because I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and it seemed to hurt less to ski than board. Hopefully I'll run into someone out there this year eventually...

I'll try to get out there after work on monday, maybe sunday morning also. We're pretty busy getting ready for this test I'm conducting in a couple weeks, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the whole day off, but I might look into that too.

I just bought my wife a ticket for Sunday so maybe we can all be there on the same day and at the same time? We like to get our moneys worth when someone has to pay so we will be sticking around till 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I need to get my legs ready for ECES so I'm on my way to ride this morning.

Believe it or not, I AM planning on being there Sunday Morning. Feels like I better go to bed right now to make it, but it's probably a little early. Maybe I'll have a little wine instead.

I say morning, but in all reality I'll be there at 10-10:30, which sucks. I'm going to turn the alarm on right now, that way I'll forget about it until it wakes me up, then it's too late.

I'm rambling. I'm trying to get out of cleaning. Girlfriends family is coming over (girlfriends house) tomorrow for an anniversary or something like that. Anyway, I suppose I better get going.

So I heard on the news this morning there was an accident on 115. A drunk hit a power pole and got trapped by the downed power lines. My girlfriends parents live right there and they said they lost power, but they didn't know why. Mystery solved.

Yeah I heard that on the radio on my drive home. Those cops blocking the road were pricks though. No help getting around it at all, just "oh yeah, it's going to be a long time before the road opens back up"

Nice riding with ya Pebu, I hope you figure out that binding problem. We didn't see you out there Clebner!?? I figured I'd see you head out on the hill early since I was sleeping in my jeep in the buck lot until the hill opened and then I rode buck for a while. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

If the snow lasts that long. I was told it's supposed to rain this weekend. We've had some damn good snow the last couple of weekends but it's breaking down fast.

It was shortly after noon that I took off (dinner with the "in-laws") and Rob took to soft boots to teach somebody how to snowboard. Monday was possible for me, but I forgot about it till 6 or so. By the time I actually would have gotten out there... It just wasn't worth it with how tired I was.

Where were you guys today? The snow was great over on your favorite part of the mountain Pebu, but it looked like I was the only one tracking it up back there. Saw a few other hardbooters. One was on a yellow ultraprime in some bright orange snowpants, and the other was a female teaching her daughter to snowboard. She was riding what looked like an old burton factory prime demo board very similar to mine.

I'll be out on the hill tomorrow for a little while. Maybe I'll run into you then. The weather was fantastic today.

I was expecting it to be very soft. We kinda moved carol in with me, so that's where I was. Next weekend I'm flyin out to california, so that's out for me. I guess I should just put storage wax on and and get my golf clubs ready.

So I'm assuming the snow at Crystal won't last through the week with this warm weather. That was some nice weather for a last weekend but man did that snow melt fast this year. It seems like we usually get a lot more spring weather slope time than this.

It was nice riding with all of you this season. Darren, welcome to the bomber forum I guess. I didn't know you had joined. See you all on the hill next season unless they find a way to stay open through next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal will be open for the next two days. I plan on being out there. With the warm temps last weekend I figured that the snow would not be good enough for the carver so it has a coat of storage wax on it. Ill be on my all mountain board most likely with soft boots. Look forward to making turns with you guys next year if I dont see you this weekend. Ill be making turns this summer in the tc area on the longboard until the snow flies again.