Note to New Members ×

FP 167 help

OhioCarver

Ok- the economy hit me hard this past year and I had to sell my Donek FC 171 - So now I'm broke with a board issue this year. Curious about the Burton FP 167- never ridden one, but I weigh 195 lbs. - would I be too much for this board? Some help please? Also, I have Cateks to go on it, they would bolt up correct?

Thanks all-

I have a Factory Prime 171, 20cm waist 12.97 scr so let's say 13 scr-red deck. Still has camber and life and good edges and base. Has been very good to me. Rode it with raceplates. Only reason it will sit is I have another FP for early season and my new Coiler to play on. I'll post pics tomorrow for you but say $100 shipped to Ohio? I have taken good care of it and I am about 185-190 with my winter insulation. It's never dissappointed me. Just throwing it out there.

powdah

Ok- the economy hit me hard this past year and I had to sell my Donek FC 171 - So now I'm broke with a board issue this year. Curious about the Burton FP 167- never ridden one, but I weigh 195 lbs. - would I be too much for this board? Some help please? Also, I have Cateks to go on it, they would bolt up correct?

Thanks all-

I'm abt yr weight w/o the gears, the deck was perform fine under my weight. Deck survive abt 1.5 season when this happen http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26711

attachment.php?attachmentid=18423&stc=1&d=1256114825

Deck not broken/delam only ripped and I can still continue finish the run, what I noticed the wings of these disks are 2 mm thinner than others (I guess there are 2 version). If these wings are the 6mm version maybe this wudn't happend..(I don't know). Back to Catek, never use 'em but what I read their plates have smaller surface thn TD's, so I think is wise to use xtra wider plate underneath (0.2cents).

attachment.php?attachmentid=18825&stc=1&d=1258260707

I know Geo/crucible use Catek on his Proton (right with his daughter), he's doin trees, 35 degree :eek:slope and deck doin fine but he's abt 145lbs...maybe Geo can add...

Cheers,

Roy

I use Catek OS1's and OS2's on my racing and freecarve boards, and have used them for 50+ days a season for the past 10 years.

Like Roy says, I weigh 145lbs soaking wet, but have used these bindings hard over a wide variety of terrain- ice, moguls, trees, steep backcountry couloirs in the 35degree to 40 degree range, and have never had a problem with the bindings or had them damage any of my boards.

Granted, I am extremely thorough with regards to preventative maintenance on my Cateks: I replace key screws and gaskets every year, and make sure they everything is adequately tight every week during the season.

Both the Catek OS1 and OS2 are designed to work with Burton 3 hole pattern inserts right out of the box- about the only thing that I can think of is that if you're worried about a Catek binding ripping out of a Burton deck, then maybe the Catek OS1 might be a more suitable choice.

The reason I say this is that the OS1 base plate is about 30% larger in surface area than the OS2- which means it can spread the force over a larger portion of the Burton's topsheet.

It's because of this that I use Catek OS1's on my 1st generation Titanal Oxygen Proton.

Thanks all for the help. Sounds like my Cateks will bolt up and hopefully I won't pull out any inserts. Just as an FYI- I also have an Oxygen Proton 172 that I ride on occasion. Is the FP 171 a little more forgiving than the Proton or the other way around?

Powdah- hit me up at jmagee@upmet.com and we'll work it out. I'm definitely interested. And thanks for the response-

I used to run OS1s. Not all have three hole capability. Out of the three sets I had only one would bolt up to a Burton. It's just a matter of what the mounting disc looks like. As far as failure goes, I don't think it's an issue. Just keep every thing tight, these puppys like to loosen up.