Note to New Members ×

valley snow from tahoe, in sacramento california

Wun

i guess we had some snow yesterday near the california valley; i didn't get to see this firsthand, unfortunately. totally oblivious initially to what all the fuss was about, i kept getting asked if i got to see any snow that day.

over where i live, ten minutes east of downtown sac, the outdoor wetness only hinted toward a mere drizzle having happened. however, i've a few friends from folsom (located on the eastern outskirts of sac) that were apparently able to drive just a few minutes further east (towards tahoe) and actually play in the snow. quite amazing.

seems to be a sign that we'll have a much-needed better season than the last few.

20091207sacsnow.jpg

12/07/2009

El Dorado Hills, CA.

I hope the snow keeps piling up for you. We have not gotten much snow here in Sun Valley. We have had cold weather at least, which has allowed the resort to make a lot of snow. We are open top to bottom on both sides of the mountain and it looks like more terrain should be opening up soon. Hoping the weather man gets it right and we see some white stuff falling this weekend.

nice!

we may be getting snow as far out as the valley right now, but i don't think any place in tahoe is open top-to-bottom yet :freak3: so i'm still sitting here teased and waiting for my mountain to open up a reasonable amount of terrain. indeed i hope the snow keeps piling.