Note to New Members ×

Thunder Dome '09-'10 Thread

dingbat

Mike tells me we could see significant snow this Saturday at the Dome.:1luvu:

He also drove Rt.2 over the hill to the West and saw plenty of snow in Florida still hanging around from last weeks storm and a dusting of white on top of Jiminy.

Keeping fingers crossed, wearing pajamas inside out.

Mmmmm, the sound of gunfire.:AR15firin Oh wait, not that kind.

The Saturday storm seems to be tracking a bit more west (good for us). Looks like 5" at the base of the Beast and more up the hill as things stand now.

Southern Vermont forecast has almost constant snow events next week, with a possibly significant one on the 9th/10th. Hope some of that will reach MA too.

Our patience may finally be paying off :D

I've heard talk that most of the TV mets. are playing conservative as far as the snowtotals go. I hope that's true.

Anyhow, the guys in the maintanance shed have been putting all the fan guns up around the hill and I got more certain word that snowmaking will start Monday. Hill will probably open on the 18th or 19th.:biggthump

Hope so too. This storm is flicking back and forth. It was trending west all day so at the beginning of the night we were right smack in the bullseye. Now the models are showing it cutting back towards the SE with Boston and RI bearing the brunt. (Or so I've read.) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

At least it does appear that winter is finally here!

So, with the last couple warm days, the 9-10 on top of 2-3 has compressed to a solid 6" base. The guns have been on since the temps dropped and are making some good headway. Regardless, I think this weekend will be ridable, but nothing to write home about.

The big storm that Mike told me about dissapeared from the models, but has been trending back in over the last couple of days. It could still happen. Probably Monday if it does.

Keep your fingers crossed.:1luvu:

Yeah, it did shift West, but guess what. It just shifted East again. :mad: Most storms do this back and forth teasing thing, but this one has been just rediculous. The Christmas thing seems like a go still though. The other good news is, the snow we've been blowing at the hill has been turning out fantastic with it being so cold and all. Some of it even squeaks when you walk on it.

• 2 weeks later...

ACE!!!!

It's not bad for before the New Year. I'm still on the rock board though. Just being overly cautious.

The New Year's Day storm we got coming should change things up for the better though. Right now it's analoging like this event in 1969.....

2j26jvb.jpg

and some think it may trend West, giving us a little more. Mike says we'll see 8-12 with a possibility of up to 20. :1luvu:

..... and yes, the BEast is missing you.:mad: