Note to New Members ×

Big Sky 12/1 to 12/3

kram

• 2 weeks later...

hey, did you still go to Big Sky? Find anyone to ride with? I think Chad is somewhere around there still... and maybe someone up at Bridger, but I don't know any other hardbooters that are there.

Last year I went in the middle of December for PSIA/AASI clinics and it was so friggin cold, they didn't even get the lifts open on Sunday until noon. What a waste of money that trip was. Hope you had a good time.

No I didn’t see another hardbooter the hole time I was there. It’s to bad too. It was grate carving, nice long wide runs, chalky snow, flawless grooming. It was cold. It didn’t get above 0 Wed or Thu but it was sunny and calm. I am trying to plan a father, daughter trip to Discovery Basin Dec 22 and 23. I also am going to try and be at White Fish for the BMES.

• 4 weeks later...

Well what with all this white stuff on the ground, I'm actually ready to transition from my motorcycle bulletin boards to the snowsport bulletin boards. Just a little late to the tea party on this one. Better late than never...so "Hiya everyone". :biggthump ...and happy new year.

My first day on the mountain wasn't until December 12 and the conditions were horrible. Man-made snow (man-made ice is more like it). Ran for 3 hours on the rock board then called it a day (plenty of rocks, still, and even did a core shot that almost ripped out my edge). Conditions were bad enough to make an injury from last year flare up. Scared me that this year would be a problem. Well, I'm happy to report that is not the case as I just spent the New Years weekend carving 3 long hard days with no issues. I'm in Big Sky every other weekend or so. I'll have to do better watching the regional section. Mid year, one or two hardbooters are easily spotted throughout the day. Some don't even act like they want to say hi or discuss it. Some you end up carving with for 3 days.

kram, glad to hear you hit it right and had great conditions!

I think R & L are no longer there. He said they were planning on moving and I haven't bumped into them or seen there vehicles at the place they managed and lived.

Hey Chad.... good to hear things are going well! I was looking at some old pictures and short video clips recently when I was looking for pictures of me. I think those were from some of your early days on carving gear. I bet you've improved a ton!

Yeah, R & L live about 20 min from me and we didn't even get to ride at all together last year! I'll keep bugging them..... one of these years.

Well say hi to them, from me, when next you bump into them.

Yeah, I think that was before we to Montana and was the first year I carved. Heck, the first year I snowboarded for that matter. I've improved a bit since then. Ha.

I did only get 11 days on the mountain last year before my big crash (one knee and both ankles) so I was out the rest of last season. Good to go now, though.