Note to New Members ×

picture of a kid ski racing

Cindy Kleh

Just wondering if any of you folks have a high resolution photo of one of your kids ski racing (sorry it can't be snowboarding). I'm in charge of photography for a kids skiing book and we need one good racing shot (gates or at the start). I just figured one of you might have a vastaction or sharpshooter photo that would fill the bill.

The Snow Goddess

Thanks. I'd have to have the child's parents' permission to publish, so it would have to be someone you know and can contact. I only need two or three: starting gates, gates. I'm trying to get some this week, but the kids don't have bibs on and I'm still getting used to timing a kid going 40 MPH. I was hoping someone had a kid who ski races (FREAK!) and has Sharpshooter or Vastaction shots they own.

But I may end up getting a lucky shot after all.

I looked over your web site and you have some great pics. Unfortunately, I don't have any budget to buy images. I'd be ashamed to tell you what the publishers are paying me for this headache. I found a 13 year old girl who will wear a speed suit and a bib while practicing gates this week at Winter Park. This is better because I need parental consent.

I thought maybe there were some parents that had good pics that wanted to get their kids in a skiing book. No worries.