In need of new hardboot setup

Im 22,

155 lbs,

Mondo 25.5-26 (foot measures 25.6 cm)

I used to race GS (Skiing) when i was younger

but have been on a board for 10 years

TOTAL FUNDS: $600, maybe a tad more

BOARD:

Looking for a Carving/Free Carving/ All Mountain board for NE skiing (plenty of crud and limited groomed piste)

BINDINGS:

Looking for a softer binding setup, preferably f2's

BOOTS:

Size 25.5-6, Less than 6 years old. I would prefer Deeluxe/later model Raichle, UPZ, or Head....no burtons, dont want to deal with finding discontinued parts

My fathers college buddy used to prototype for burton and has been hardbooting for 25+ years, and he is giving me advice as to what to buy. Any additional advice from all the "old timers" (my apologies), it would be greatly appreciated.

See you on the mountain

Bunch of different options for you.

168 F2 Speedster RS (Superb condition like new)

Burton Speed 160 (good Eurocarve Board) (Also Superb Condition)

Sims Burner 162 (very good condition, bottom perfect)

Nidecker Extreme 167 (Never even had a set on binding on it)

Airwalk Force 157 (Superb condition only had 2 runs on good snow)

2 Sets of F2 Intecs (not real stiff, good all mountain bindings Excellent condition)

Sorry no boots.

$240 for any board shipped, and $150 for Airwalk shipped

Bindings $175 shipped

post-997-141842290919_thumb.jpg

post-997-141842290922_thumb.jpg

I have 1 set of heels that I'm willing to part with, but with a set of bindings. Heels are new. $75.

If you're looking for truly an all mountain, I don't think any of these really fit the bill. Actually the Airwalk would be the best of the bunch. Floats pretty well, not real stiff, upturned nose, and would be good for bustin' through crud, but not good for anything over a couple of inches of fresh. It would definitely be too small for you on piste and too small in a bunch of fresh snow, but easy to learn on and very lively. I use a Burton Ultra-prime off piste, till it gets over 3 to 4 inches, because I like the ability of a small board to make radical directional changes off piste and in bumps and crud. (That's why the Bumpyride moniker).

Also have an Oxygen F67 that would more fit the bill. Little bigger board, with more float and still carveable. Included in this picture. $125 plus shipping. This board I've never been on, so I can't really tell you how it will perform other than it looks about right.

post-997-141842290929_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Burton factory prime 171, 20 cm waist still with camber and 13m scr that has served me quite well. Retiring as I have another FP that is my early ride and my Coiler and Virus that will be getting all the love now. I have never felt uncomfortable here on the east on it from anything from the loaf, sunday river, whatever. I would rather have someone get use out of it rather than turn it into a bench out of boredom.