Note to New Members ×

any info anout Alta/Snowbird, UT

AMK

Hey,

I'm looking for some info about Alta/Snowbird.

If anyone recommends? Any good?

I'm fun of UT and definitely looking for less busy places, I know during a week it's always less people out there but still would be great to go somewhere new to me.

Thanks

I wouldn't hesitate to hit Powder Mountain.

Alta is skier only. Snowbird is a more park oriented mountain.

Never been to Snowbird, but Powder Mountain was fantastic. Was empty when I was there.

Snowbord is always ranked as one of the best Bigmountains on the planet. The park sucks there, but the steeps and deep snow is unmatched.

Powmtn, n snowbasin are the quite hidden jems foo sure also sundance is a lot of fun.

Powmtn, n snowbasin are the quite hidden jems foo sure also sundance is a lot of fun.

Bordy, I see you are in Utah. Big fun of your state and bigger fun of hidden jems. I put my mind on Pow Mt, and I see you are more or less for it as well.

I'm newbie but so horny by just thinking about getting better, had chance to get on board few times so I'm looking forward to get better and really ride.

And yes, I'm looking for hidden places, but going to UT anyway for a bit of climbing ( it's why I come to UT every year) and I will make plans to snowboard as well.

Any tip's maybe as a resident of wonderland call UT??

• 2 weeks later...
If you're looking for powder, I'd suggest Snowbasin or Pow Mtn. If you're into carving, I'd suggest Solitude. IMHO that is UT's best carving secret. Great terrain and great grooming! All the resorts are really lacking for snow at the moment though...

jetskier,

thanks for info. I'm looking for both ( powder/carving).

Your info very appreciate. I see we all have a little snow problem.

Hope by January it will look better. Thank again.