Note to New Members ×

Cypress Diaries 2009-10

BlueB

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also just purchased my 2011 season's pass for Cypress Bowl this week- so after six long years of exile- I'm gonna be back to the old stomping ground!

Right on! Looking forward to riding with you on more regullar basis.

Other than saving the HST, is there any other incentive to buy so soon?

Yes.

Cypress Bowl has a special offer deal on a limited season's pass for $399.00- it's a regular full seasons pass except it has blackout periods for the week of Dec26th-January 3rd, and weekend days for the months of January and February.

That's the one that I picked up for next winter. I can ski Whistler or Mt. Baker or go into the Interior next Christmas, no worries.

Besides, I need a place that's closer than Whistler to let my new 186 Coiler Pure Race out and run....

I'll be up at Grouse tomorrow afternoon from 1630 to 2100.

I've also just purchased my 2011 season's pass for Cypress Bowl this week- so after six long years of exile- I'm gonna be back to the old stomping ground!

Geo

Bud, I'll be doing my final that hour 2mrw, ah well I'll see in Cypress thn...U can use the Cypress pass right away, right?

I might be playin @ Cypress for a few hours to kill my bordness:rolleyes:, need the fresh air for my brain:eplus2:

Cheers

RT:D

Hey rt. I'm new on the forum. I've been chatting with blue but haven't had time to come out. Plus I'm waiting for set up to arrive mid aprilish. I'm very rusty on hardboots stopped 7 years ago and just been riding soft boots since then but starting up again. Wow didn't know you can use the pass now if you get it! I may go this weeekend but without a board. Moved out here from Ontario with all my things there :(

is there alot of hardbooters on cypress?

Kevin

Hey rt. I'm new on the forum. I've been chatting with blue but haven't had time to come out. Plus I'm waiting for set up to arrive mid aprilish. I'm very rusty on hardboots stopped 7 years ago and just been riding soft boots since then but starting up again. Wow didn't know you can use the pass now if you get it! I may go this weeekend but without a board. Moved out here from Ontario with all my things there :(

Kevin

Don't quote me but I believe there are at least 10 dedicated carvers if not more between Cypress, Grouse & Seymore.

About the pass cross check with Cypress. BlueB & me will be up for Sunday and me my self either Friday or Saturday.

Email me: carvingchanel (at) yahoo (dot) ca

Cheers

RT

Paging Cousin of Beagle. U can use yr pass too, any plan going this weekend?

Better go when snow still good.

You'll be able to use it now. But they say Ticket not Tickets chek that.. :confused:

http://cypressmountain.com/

BONUS LIFT OR TRAIL TICKET OFFER: If you purchase your Season Pass NOW, you can receive a FREE lift/trail ticket to ski or ride this season. After you have purchased your 2010/11 Season Pass check into the Alpine or Nordic Guest Relations office to pick up your Bonus Ticket. The Bonus Ticket is only valid for the remainder of the 2009/10 season and must be picked up on the day of use, anytime after April 1st, 2010. - take advantage of the return to winter!

Cheers

RT

I just phoned Cypress guest services desk. If you buy a pass now, they will only give ONE day ticket per membership.

Haven't bought my pass yet. Thinking of doing the $400 pass.

Grouse this afternoon:

Softpack. Slightly wet, but still slick. Grippy enough. Good coverage. Prior 4WD 169.

I may go this weeekend but without a board.

I can lend you a board and bindings on Sunday, if you wish. Got a Steepwater freeride board with plates already at the hill, in the instructors shed, or I can bring something carvier. Maybe some boots too, if you can fit between 25 and 26.5...

This year only Scooby and me were regullar, with few appearances of little Yoshi and young instructor Geoff. Few of our regullars deserted to Grouse due to the Olympic nonsense, or lost the interest...

I went up to Grouse this am at 0900 and it was ClOSED due to high winds and a power outage. WTF? I thought that's why they spent so much for their brand new spanking wind turbine, so that they wouldn't continue to have these types of problems...

Then I remembered that Cypress has their season's pass holder free lift pass going on, so that's where I went.

It was epic- 30-40 cm of freshies, with a howling wind and hail stones at the base. From 9:30 to 11:00, only the bunny hill chairlift was operating due the high winds - so I had to strap the board onto my pack and hike to the top of Sky Chair. It was a lot of work to get fresh tracks this morning, but it was so worth it.

By the time I made it back to the bottom, the main lift was running and it was all good.

My 168 Prior ATV excelled in these conditions- nice float through Humpty Dumpty and Slash, with enough stiffness to hammer on the groomers. Grouse is still closed for today- so first thing tomorrow AM, I'm taking out my WINTERSTICK 185 Swallowtail for the first time this season and going for broke.

You know the Rule- there are no friends on a Powder day.

I went up to Grouse this am at 0900 and it was ClOSED due to high winds and a power outage.

Crucible George, why? you never check the snow phone line 604 986-6262(option 1). I was awake and ready from 6:00 AM, checking the status every 2 hrs until past 2:00 PM they settled for closed for the remainder of the day. Darn winds, I have my 4WD ready. See you tomorrow, I'll bring my Dynastar 4807 Tail. In the web, they will be open until 18th April.:D

Ruwi

I decided to take my Swallowtail and go to Mt. Baker instead- I'll be at Grouse tomorrow at 0830 though.

Mt. Baker was deep and untracked, and considering it was Easter weekend- surprisingly uncrowded- the border wasn't too bad either.

Good call Bud. That swallow must be doing it's job he:1luvu:

Today's ride

Rod: Tanker 200 (Maori-2008)

Scooby: Tanker 192 (Edelwise-2000)

Gary: Head 163 - ski

Boris off today but will be back on Sunday.

Me, Rod & Gary decided to skip lunch and stay till 2PM. Reason to skip, after experienced first track in the morning at Horizon, Rainbow & Bowen:1luvu:, at 1PM we were told Raven chair was open!

10cm fresh on Crazy Raven (#1) with hardpack underneath. Cayote 7 - Black (#2) 2 feet of POW and almost no one knows this stash. First Sun (#3) fresh POW but chopped really fast. Tried Black on Black - 2 Black Diamond (#4) did 1 run- too much for the veggy legs :rolleyes:

I had also ready WCRM-173 and Rod with Banana 156, we both don't touch these two:p, too much fun with the tankers:D

Hope will still snowing tomorrow

Cheers

RT

Went up the first tram at Grouse this morning. Didn't see Crucible nor Ruwi! Where were you guys?

Ride of the day: Dynastar 3800 163.

I was on the 2nd tram up and rode straight to Olympic Chair runs, as expected powder,powder. Visibility is very poor (unfriendly) early in the morning that I didn't see Tony at all. Early afternoon the sun tried to peak in and out but traffic got worse and Screaming Eagle (the Cut still closed) until I left around 1430 Hrs. I met Gordon in his skis and had a few runs with him. By noon the Peak chair opened and I just stayed there since that is the only one with no line up (Blue & Black runs).

Rise of the day for the first time this season:

Dynastar 4807 - 178 Swallow Tail.

Ruwi

Happy Easter!

Snowbunny was spotted on the slopes too, unfortunately, not the pretty girl who did it for last 5 years, but a guy... Ah well, free chockolates... :D

So, it was a hero morning, nice buttery smooth semi-soft groom, after yesterday's 30cm fresh. One of the best conditions I've seen this year! It didn't last very long, got skied and bumped up later.

Roy and me met up with Kevin (BliTzKri3g) and hooked him up with my Steepwater and plates. He did well after an 8 year brake in plate riding! We also saw another guy on Asym-Alp and little Yoshi on softies.

Scooby enjoyed his Priors, while I took my new (to me) toy - Coiler AMT 172, for a spin and Kessler BX in the afternoon.

Coiler is great board - very easy to ride and confidence inspiring. It turns almost on autopilot. It is so easy that I joked it was built for "lazy" people :) I had to get a bit used to the very stiff nose and flex coming from the central area. Floppy nose of the Kessler felt really weird after the plowing power of thee Coiler.

I might go back tomorrow, on skis, with Luka...