Note to New Members ×

Downhillbillies 2009 Dixie Cup

wavechaser

Downhillbillies 2009 Dixie Cup

Signup online at http://67.139.161.195/contest_registration.asp?ContestID=442#signup

Event Date and Time: November 6,7,8 2009

Entry: Open

Helmets: Mandatory

Divisions: Pro/A/B/C

Disciplines:TS/HS/GS/DH

Entry Fee: $90.00 - Juniors race for free

Friday, November 6

Night race at the world famous Camperworld up the hill from Best Western, as always.

Race will start at 8:30 PM until ???. Format TBA

This year may be something new so come prepared!!

Saturday, November 7

"Pumpcone Fest" as Part of Statesville's Annual Pumpkin Festival

Dual Lane Tight/Hybrid Elimination with Pro, A, B, & C Classes

Court Street in Downtown Statesville, NC

Be on the hill by 8:00 AM

Sunday, November 8

Single Lane G/S & DHB Downhill

Gordon Street, Downtown Statesville 10:00 AM

PRO - Big Ramp (8 feet high) only

A Big Ramp only

B Little Ramp Only

Best Western room rate for racers: $62.50/night while they last! Motel 6 right next door too.

Downhill race time/format TBA

dixie_2009_logo500w.jpg

Rick,

Is that a pic of you on the flyer?

Good luck at this one, keep representin'!

Ink

Yup...just cuz I can. ;-)

It does show the DHB 8 foot high start ramp in the background though.

Thanks Ink - I'm about 70% on my right lower leg and foot, but it is the last event of the year and the DHB throw a great race with plenty of good times on the side.

-R

Knew nothing about this.

Hope to spectate for a day and maybe maybe get feedback on my first two (four?) longboards.

Will try to say Hi if I make it up.

good luck

BB

Cool! Do it. Even if you don't slalom, it is still a bunch of skaters hanging out and having fun. Like any top-level sporting event, the opportunity to share knowledge is huge. If you are in town during non-race hours and want to find us, everybody is usually hanging around the Best Western parking lot...as the DHB say, "are you Down?"

-RF

• 2 weeks later...

Son and I saw only Sunday's slalom and downhill, but J Gilmour's description some time back was spot on. "You can hang around, talk shop with and get tips from top-flight athletes" with nothing but good vibes and no attitude. Kevin Delaney and other great pro's were there.

Met my first BOL'er in person - salud, WaveChaser! - and generally had a blast. May even try to "compete" next year.

Cheers and thanks to all

BB

Son and I saw only Sunday's slalom and downhill, but J Gilmour's description some time back was spot on. "You can hang around, talk shop with and get tips from top-flight athletes" with nothing but good vibes and no attitude. Kevin Delaney and other great pro's were there.

Met my first BOL'er in person - salud, WaveChaser! - and generally had a blast. May even try to "compete" next year.

Cheers and thanks to all

BB

Cool to meet you and your son! Stoked you came to check out the scene - it is ALWAYS a good time. Not every race has an eight foot high start ramp with a near vert drop-in, but that's the DHB vibe for ya...always pushin' it.

Been a long and fruitful season since Austin in late March...now on to the SNOW!!

-RF