Note to New Members ×

Boot Question

jojogreen

I am trying to decide what boot to race with this year. i have narrowed it down to the UPZ and the Dalbello Kryptons. It seems that the Dalbello Kryptons might work with my Kessler better but last year I was on a super soft boot which makes me think that the UPZ would be better.

I don't do much freecarving outside of racing. I also don't have a very good way of trying on the UPZ's. Which pair of boots do you think I should get?

You know there's a place in Tahoe (Elite Feet at Squaw Creek) where they sell the Head boots? IMO the heads are as good as UPZ for racing, once you put the stiffer tongues in. Plus Christian or Jeremy at Elite Feet could help you stiffen them up if necessary. If you're transitioning from softer boots, you're going to have a tough time with the ski boots, methinks.

Ones a ski boot, used by a few alpine athletes at the elite levels of racing, Ones a snowboard boot used by hardboot snowboarders around the world,

Seems like a simple choice to me.

Look to the podium at world cups.

lots of the steamboat kid that rode dabellos ordered UPZ from me this year.