Note to New Members ×

Carving in JAPAN

groovastic

Do you know where you will be staying or boarding at this point? What month do you plan on riding?

There are many good resorts here when there is snow (January through March). Some specific ones have a larger Alpine Rider population.

Rental equipment may be tough especially boots. I have only seen one place with alpine rentals through the Dynaland Snowboard School in the Gifu (north of Nagoya). Would probably recommend bringing at least boots.

all information that you can share about the resorts in Japan would be good; I intend to make a trip over in Jan or Feb also for about a week.

Somewhere with a bit more of a local flavour and bars/places to go at night would be good to hang out with locals as my GF (who probably will only ride 1 day at the most) would be good, and she is obsessed with Japanese girls and fashion and stuff.

The best resource I have found for Japan Resorts in English is SnowJapan.com. There is a lot of info on resorts, hotels, how to get there. They also have a forum which is fairly active. You can post your plans and get input on best places.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/index.php

If you will be based out of Tokyo, you might consider Yuzawa Onsen or Nozawa onsen. They may be other resorts in Nagano or Niigata areas which would be good as well, however, I am not so faimliar with those areas.

Will post some Carving specific resorts later (need to find the list).

• 2 weeks later...
And that's what I meant :(

Sorry ! Of course you are hardbooter ! I will be able to ask someone whether they can rent hardboots or not if you want .

Or , I can rent you some of the snowboards I have for free If your schedule and place to go fits for me .:)

Sorry ! Of course you are hardbooter ! I will be able to ask someone whether they can rent hardboots or not if you want .

Or , I can rent you some of the snowboards I have for free If your schedule and place to go fits for me .:)

cool!

thanks for your help!

I'll let you know about my plans when I make the exact plan of my visit to Japan!

Cheers!