Note to New Members ×

Sector Nine Bamboo Longboard Ride

www.oldsnowboards.com

My friend has one set up with some gullwing chargers (not a truck I particularly care for).

As far as stiffness/flex, in comparison to a bamboo vanguard flex 4, it's pretty stiff. It's not maple/oak downhill board stiff, but it's definitely on the stiffer side. If you really work your legs into your carves, then it has some snap to it. For reference, I'm about 145 lbs.

As far as Sector 9 boards go, I'd recommend looking at the Trylam - I've never been on it, but the folks over at pavedwave seem to really like that one.

Bryan, perhaps you should consider looking into another brand of boards if you want a complete. Most of the Gullwing Trucks aren't my thing (the Alpine trucks aren't bad) and I think that's the only option for S9's.

I think the best would be to get Mike to throw together a Texalium over wood board with snowsticks on the bottom!

Bryan, perhaps you should consider looking into another brand of boards if you want a complete. Most of the Gullwing Trucks aren't my thing (the Alpine trucks aren't bad) and I think that's the only option for S9's.

I think the best would be to get Mike to throw together a Texalium over wood board with snowsticks on the bottom!

Absolutely, trust me , we have talked about building all sorts of things, including skateboards. Specifically slalom decks. ;)

No, at near 240lbs. I don't think this would be too stiff. With my recent track record I have been staying off the skateboards. :eek: This is hard, I would love to be playing on a Carve Board, my Tahoe Longboard or even one of these Sector Nines. :1luvu:

I was only asking because prostective buyers have been asking and I could not give them any info. Searches didn't find what I needed. Your answers have helped allot, Thank you all. :biggthump

I have the pintail with Randalls and the s9 wheels. I weigh about 195, and I'd describe the flex as about right. Mine has the "W" concave, which is pretty cool. I don't think of the deck as particularly high performance, it's just a nice cruising around town thing.

Thanks Neil, this is very helpful! Thanks

Sounds like a pretty wide range, strong 150lber up to 200lbs or so?

The lighter riders may not be able to flex the board , or not even care.

I appreciate all the comments. I had a few of these for sale and potential buyers were asking about the flex. I was not going to ride them. It helped to make the sales. All gone!!

Thanks again. :biggthump