Note to New Members ×

Another showdown with thieves

BlueB

So, we are at the final stages of shop-fitting my wife’s new veterinary clinic. We had lots of stuff, including few appliances, stored in the empty store next door which has no alarm (yes I know, stupid, but the area was supposed to be super safe). Then a small bar fridge went missing – bummer. There was still no space to move all the stuff next day, so it stayed for another night. However, I had really bad gut feeling about it, so I went to double check the place at about 11:30pm. Then I noticed one of the windows, on the darkest corner of the building, not latched properly. Ok, that was it – someone was planning the place! I went home, took my big doggy (oversized Rhodesian Ridgeback) in the car, and went back to sit at the parking behind the building. At 2:30, 2 bald guys arrived in a big 4x4 truck. They spotted me and my growling companion in our car, looked at us for about 20 seconds, then turned around and drove away… Next day the construction at our shop was advanced enough for everything to be moved in. I sleep better now.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice going BlueB! Always good to see business owners take action. A good dog and some attitude can go a long way. I find that most thieves are cowards and spineless, you show the slightest resistance and they move on.

And try taking off your shirt next time. Works for me ;)

Your wish is my command ;D

Funny enough, I have no good pics of the interior, and that's the best part - it should be in the Habitat or similar magazine ;)

I really should take some pics, at least the reception counter/sign and the prep/room... Maybe tomorrow.

So, attached:

Shopfront,

Guard dog turned the poster model,

Maja and the girls on newspaper ad (watch 3-City News this Friday)

post-1678-14184228534_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842285344_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842285346_thumb.jpg