Note to New Members ×

can someone explain how to get low on the toe side?

shawndoggy

seems like descending I've got a lot more comfort and power making heelside turns than toeside. What should I be doing to get toeside power? Vid below of me riding for reference...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDgBVjGd94&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDgBVjGd94&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm no really a huge expert or anything close to it but this is my 2 cents.

You're legs are really dynamic on your heelsides and you really incorporate your whole body into the turn, standing up and transfering power into the board at the apex of your carve.

On your toesides however, you seem to be keeping your legs prety stiff and just leaning your shoulders away from the board to turn. To help me get away from that technique, I paracticed pumping a lot on flatland, it helped me get a lot more comfortable with moving my whole body.

looking at your video it looks like you are leaning forward and into your heelsides but seem behind and straight legging your toesides, I have the opposite problem but I find the reaching forward and doing pushing down hard on the edge of the board with my rear foot really helps. Remember that going downhill most of you weight should be on the front foot much like snowboarding so be mindful of how loose the rear gets.