Note to New Members ×

Silver Saturday

b0ardski

nobody reads the ride board so I'm putting out an invite to the last open Inland Northwest area, too bad it's only saturdays.

today would be the day

<HR style="COLOR: #3399ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->fresh snow & cold sun on the web cam. once again hoping the high pressure holds on for 1 more day:biggthump

mountain.jpg

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

I was considering Silver Mountain for today, but decided to head north to Lake Louise instead. In altitude we trust. From Whitefish, it's only about 1.5 hours more to Lake Louise or Sunshine than to Silver, and the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies is hard to beat.

How was Silver? Saturday in Banff was not very spring like. Cold snap with flurries; so although everything was open, it was pretty frozen. Tomorrow looks about the same.

It started out pretty hard refrozen cord and rough off piste in the morning but got progressivly softer mid day with peekaboo sun, then started snowing in the afternoon but stayed soft enough for the best turns of the day on steep groom and bumps to end our last day. Last week was sunny spring but we still had a great time this afternoon in carveable surface slush.:biggthump

Turned out to be a very good day with what seemed like our very own ozone hole to soften things up with sun breaks.If it weren't for that dang Bloomsday run next week they would probably open again but it would be a ghost town.I don't get it; great spring riding ,or suffering with 30,000 other people whle jogging.Seems like an obvious choice.

Hey Squirrel.....

I was going to email you!!! Do you have your email turned on??? Anyway, my season has been done for a couple of weeks now. Had a great last day at Lookout!! Got to ride with another carver out of the Spokane area who was a really good (er, great!) carver. He told me that he got a pass to Lookout for next year and will be around on the weekends. I did get to take a couple of runs with him, but like an idiot, I forgot to get any contact info from him. DUH!!!

But anyway, my point being, passes are on sale now for next season real cheap.... I think it's only $199 (might be less for students), but that ends in a week or so. Just wondering if you'll be around next year.... and you might want to take advantage of a cheap season pass!!!!

Just a thought.....

Kathy