Note to New Members ×

Mount Ashy...I mean Alyeska

ak_rider

Here are some pics of Alyeska from 3/29/09. Just incase anyone was wondering what it looks like when volcanic ash falls on a ski area and then said ski area makes it's employees come in and ride on the ash. the ash fell on 3/28/09 after the mtn closed for the day. I also threw in a pic of the ash after it got covered with some snow.

The ash made it EXTREMELY difficult to read the snow and tell what was soft and what was hard. If anyone is ever faced with the decision of whether or not to go ride on a volcanic ash day, do yourself a favor and stay in bed. I'm sitting here with a torn acl and a tibial plateau fracture thanks to the ash.

post-1649-141842280965_thumb.jpg

post-1649-141842280966_thumb.jpg

post-1649-141842280967_thumb.jpg

Ouch!

Speedy recovery!

The good news is ACL repair is sooooo much better than when I had it done in '81 and redone in '89.

Your tibia will get well on it's own just fine, although, for you, the mechanism of both injuries are similar so the fracture probably caused the ACL injury. They'll fix both with the ACL repair.

That totally sucks. I hope, since you were in Alyeska's employ, at least the med expense will be taken care of.

Thanks for your recent reply to my post. I did go to the Alyeska website and that is one impressive snowpack.

Heal Quick, Man.

BB