Note to New Members ×

Mammoth (maybe June) 7th-8th of April

Arclite

ahh, you guys are making me jealous. I'm assuming you guys won't be there this Sunday then?

Looks like i'm going solo this Sunday (probably my last day of the season)...

Damn work, ah well, at least i have a job to be damning :biggthump

Have fun guys, carve it up for me. I'll be slarfing, scarving, and skirding in our 60F weather hehe

ahh, you guys are making me jealous. I'm assuming you guys won't be there this Sunday then?

Looks like i'm going solo this Sunday (probably my last day of the season)...

Damn work, ah well, at least i have a job to be damning :biggthump

Have fun guys, carve it up for me. I'll be slarfing, scarving, and skirding in our 60F weather hehe

We might actually. but probably not for long. like 3 hours max.... :flamethro

I will be there too. Will be coming up Sunday AM (if my son doen't make finals in the NSSA) or Monday otherwise. Will be staying until Wed or Thurs, and will be riding out of Canyon if Mammoth is not too crowded, otherwise will be at June. Call or text as to where all will be riding and I will catch up

(949.351.2575.) I have some kids to get situated before I meet up with fellow carvers.

Gary

Well It's Spring break for me, and my dad and I are gunna go up to Mammoth...maybe June....

Fo Sho:

1) Me

2) Andrea

3) Aaron

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Is this THE Aaron Gerth or another Aaron? Is Aaron Gerth real, or just a figment of my imagination---a ghost wandering the upper Santa Ana looking for nebulous trout holes? Can anyone vouch for Aaron Gerth being a real person?;) If this is you, we just may FINALLY get to make some turns.

Hope to see you all up there.

GC

Just because he's a clydesdale carver doesn't mean you need to throw around insults about his size!

Opps! Did I get get the legend's last name wrong? Gerth as in girth ratio factor, you know that thing that some start fighting in there mid 40s. Sorry if I botched it up Aaron:freak3:.

Opps! Did I get get the legend's last name wrong? Gerth as in girth ratio factor, you know that thing that some start fighting in there mid 40s. Sorry if I botched it up Aaron:freak3:.

Gary, no you have it right, Gerth, with an 'e' not an 'i'. German if you must know the ancestry. NOt sure what KC is talking about, maybe he is referring to our 6 foot plus stature. Incidentally, the girth hasn't changed in many many years. Mtn biking, road biking, volleyball, waterskiing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding and plenty of hiking to catch those elusive trout and just watching my intake helps me keep my waist down to a minimum.

Looks like we will be staying in Snowcreek, so we will probably go out of Chair 9/15 area if it is still open

Hey Aaron, what boards do you plan on bringing up?

I was watching the news and we might be in for some powder!

Julian, not sure what I am bringing, all depends on how much room we have. I am definitely bringing skis, Gary also offered to me one of his carving boards to use if I can't take mine with me. If I am able to bring a carving stick it would probably be the 190 Rossi

Hey Aaron, you were talking about more likely a new pair of skis instead of a carving board in you future purchases...

You ever consider a mono board by Mohouck? I saw him coming down stump alley on that thing a few times the last time i was up at Mammoth (march 14-15). It was pretty sick, he was cutting super tight arcs in the snow, unlike any skiers. Easily as tight as i've seen you cut arcs with your 4wd three years ago when it was newer.

I don't see myself skiing in the near future, but should finances permit, i'm thinking after the coiler, what's next in store is one of those mono-boards. That's looks really fun and cool, AND, i don't have to worry about my legs getting all separated and tangled up. not sure, but i'm thinking mono-boards are non-release bindings, right?

Gary, no you have it right, Gerth, with an 'e' not an 'i'. German if you must know the ancestry. NOt sure what KC is talking about, maybe he is referring to our 6 foot plus stature. Incidentally, the girth hasn't changed in many many years. Mtn biking, road biking, volleyball, waterskiing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding and plenty of hiking to catch those elusive trout and just watching my intake helps me keep my waist down to a minimum.

Looks like we will be staying in Snowcreek, so we will probably go out of Chair 9/15 area if it is still open

Was just kidding ;)

I'm 6 2!

They have a 9 foot base right now....and all their runs are open....so that seem like they won't close any chairs for anytime soon...

They have a 9 foot base right now....and all their runs are open....so that seem like they won't close any chairs for anytime soon...

All of the lifts out of Canyon and Eagle close on the 19th, not due to lack of snow, but demand and available staff. :(

Main lodge lifts will stay open as long as possible, hopefully mid to late june this year. :)

It looks like June is scheduled to be done April 12th. With the lack of revenue this year I can't imagine they have gone soft on the closing date. Anyone heard if the 12th is official?

I have really enjoyed Mammoth the last several times I have gone up due to lack of crowds. Have I just been lucky or have others been experiencing the same?

Last i was up there, March 14-15, it wasn't crowded at all. Stump Alley express was a little bit crowded on Saturday, but everywhere else was pretty decenlty empty. And even then, Stump was only crowded from around 12:30-2:30.

On Sunday, not crowded anywhere. It felt like a weekday almost.

BTW, economy is slow - Hennesey's in the village closed, if anyone remembers or knows that place.