Note to New Members ×

Madd 180 - sold

Jack M

Advanced softbooter (since 1997)

Beginner extremely enthusiastic hardbooter

female

161lbs

5.11" height

will it make me happy as my skills progress?

i currently own a renntiger 163 SL which i actually love, but this seems like such a good deal, and you know, women like shopping :1luvu:

thoughts appreciated.

After reading some of your past posts, I think you should go for it. Your strong, aggressive and this is the softest of the Madd 180s.

Offer Jack 400$ including shipping and a lifetime subscription to his private

"How To Carve" chat line :biggthump

Plus , it would give us all great pleasure to see a GIRL ripping it on Jack's Madd 180. You would earn so much instant credit!! ;)

Plus there is so much skill drawn into the board via Jack's presence you will instantly be able to CRANK just like Jack. :biggthump

Seriously, by hooking up with the great guys and gals in the "Tahoe" region you will be able to "Ride" into the board (plus they will all want to borrow it)

A Legend is born!!! Bryan

aw, thanks Bryan. :biggthump

anke, I see you're in Tahoe, so you will have the real estate to let this board rip. Bryan is an expert carver, so his endorsement should tell you something.

I wish it was the "3 gash" stiff version that was promised to me. I would snap it up for 375$ shipped.

You are a good sport Jack!

oh guys, you ROCK! bryan, are/were you a salesmen in your present/past?

"a legend" :lol:

i am about to invest $370 in a pair of leather boots, and the money might be better invested in this board!

so if i go for it, and try it and don't like it for my riding style, will i be able to sell it without too much loss?

i'm a little hesitant as i don't wanna be put off trying a board that is a bit too advanced for me, and ending up disappointed in my abilities.

there also is a 170 madd for sale...

thanks so much for the quick responses!

Definitely buy the board over the boots. Unless they are black over the knee stiletto heel models. :eplus2:

I found the 180cm Madd to be a forgiving easy turning board. It was good in all the conditions I used it on. (had it most of the week in Aspen)

Keep in mind I am MUCH heavier and allot of miles.

The 170cm would certainly be a safer choice, quicker turning, etc. Helps to keep speed in check.

Yes, current market, you could ride it this season and not loose a whole lot.

People were standing in line for these at 500$ when new/ retail I think was 700$. If it hadn't been for "Metal Mania" they would still net 400$ pretty easily. Low ball him. Detune it a touch, then get with the Journeymen carvers in the Tahoe area and Kick some booty!!!! All I ask for is first glimpse of the photos!!:1luvu:

You ready for the challenge??

Do a search on Steph and Allee for inspiration. These gals RIP!!!

this board will do well on wide open intermediate trails where you have room to "surf". on steep stuff it will probably be too fast. one thing I can say is that you are tall enough for it!

although I do likes me a nice pair of FM boots. err, on women that is.

i like surfing! i don't like steep, icy hills too much, although i just read the board performs really well on ice, less in soft snow (as it usually is in tahoe)

http://hardbooter.net/blog/?p=333

quotes here:

"Madd stick is that it’s not very easy to ride without the correct inputs. This is not a bad thing unless you buy this stick thinking you will grow into it."

"At SES the nose just fired right through the soft snow but with some stiff cord under the board, it really came to life."

"It has a firm nose that needs rider input to start the turn, making it a bit temperamental unless the rider makes the right moves. This, however, is a part of what makes superboards fun. A rider discovers that a mistake can hurt the individual turn or, in extreme cases, hurt the driver!"

opinion on that?

get that image of those high-heels out of your mind, you think i am wearing heels when i'm already so tall? flat i like, but up to the knees anyway ;-)

I would say the 180 is the most forgiving of the 3 Madds. The shorter two have a smaller "sweet spot" and require you to bring nothing less than your A-game.

As for soft snow, I bought the board based on me demo'ing it at SES in Aspen.

As for Bryan's suggestion to low-ball me, well, heh, I have a big-n-tall brother-in-law who is getting into carving. At some point it would be more worth it for me to just keep the board and let him use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this board will do well on wide open intermediate trails where you have room to "surf". on steep stuff it will probably be too fast.

jack, this thing really gets fast on steeps!!! had some "fast" experiences (read: fast=falling) at Northstar last weekend ;-)

performs so beautiful on blue's though... i love it!!!

waiting to the end of the season for some video footage. need to get better first...