Note to New Members ×

SG Cult 169

Buell

SG Cult 169 in excellent condition - $400 + shipping - SALE PENDING

Awesome AM board for a lighter (under 200 lbs) hardbooter or small footed softbooter. Great performance on groom and in powder.

Base has a few light pebble scratches and has never had a base grind. Edges are a very sharp 1/3. Topsheet has binding marks and a few liftline dings in the tail.

Specs

Length: 169cm

Running Length: 134cm

Waist Width: 230mm

Taper: 10mm

Radius: 9.15m

Year: 07/08

More and larger pics available.

Thanks, Buell

post-2671-141842278412_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842278413_thumb.jpg

I asked the same question early on, and here's how Buell responded:

"I have not actually ridden this board (it is Rebecca's), but compared to the Dupraz 6', this is going to be a much crisper ride. It is stiffer both torsionally and lengthwise, narrower, has a longer effective edge, and a bigger sidecut (it will carve better). It does have a great nose for powder and 10 mm of taper to help keep the nose up. My Dupraz had 14mm of taper."

My guess is it would be similar to a BX or maybe a wider AM board that has the added advantage of doing well in powder. The ride would probably also be more traditional than a Dupraz--in terms of your stance options and how they effect performance. Of course, it would likely carve better in harder snow. That being said, I've had a new Dupraz D1 5'5" since this Spring that has carved wonderfully in everything I've thrown at it--but I'll have to wait 'til next year to try it on real hardpack.

I demoed a Dupraz last year. I think it was a +? Rode it with plates and it was a fun ride. I didn't get to ride it but a couple of hours. The SG's nose is smaller and it has a lot bigger SCR. It seems to carve a lot better. I think the Dupraz would be a better powder board, but the SG floats pretty darn good too. SG has great edge hold.