Note to New Members ×

Anyone that uses Saloman Malamutes/Deeluxe Track 700's

powdahbonz

I have 28 mondo hard boots (413's) and recently bought size 10 Malamutes (40% off list) and the fit is perfect. So I agree, go with the smaller size as long as your toes aren't touching.

Malamutes have a great heal cup that really keeps the heal from lifting or moving around and the toe box is open and comfortable. For as much as I use soft boots (maybe 2 days a year), these should last me for many many years.

--Hugh

I actually went the opposite – I bought my Malamutes at a slightly larger size (Mondo 27 instead of Mondo 26). Why? Well, I find the big problem with oversized hard boots is always the heel hold – and since the Malamutes' heel-hold strap works so well, and since it isn't quite the same sort of problem in soft boots (due to the ankle strap), I took the chance it wouldn't be a big problem.

I only got about 3 days in total on them this winter, but first impression thus far is that it was a decent move. The extra toe room makes them feel very comfy – and that's what I was looking for!

greg

Not Malamutes, but my Synapses are 27.5, and my Head Stratos Pros are 27.5. I should be down a size in the Heads. The Salomons fit me plenty tight and comfy. I have been riding the pair I'm in now for years. Salomon's sizing runs so consistantly that I have always been able to order footwear sight unseen, in the same size and have it fit perfectly (snowboard boots, hiking boots, xc-ski boots, winter boots). The inconsistancies in folk's answers here may have to do with what hard boot they're running. What hard boot are you in? Doh! just saw it in the tittle, I never read the #@*!%& tittles.

I'm using Burton Fires, shells are 27.5-29 and the liners are well blown out 27 from my shadows I used-they're comfortable but beat. I'm about 27.5 on the chart, use a 28 Lange Banshee for skiing and I'm considering my next fit options. Not having used Deeluxes, looking for the true to fit feedback. Same with the Malamutes as I will be doing more softbooting as my oldest son is learning to snowboard and my youngest is skiing. Using a K2 Ginsu and K2 step-in boots(removed the step-in Shimanos, took off instep strap to accommodate the Burtom Customs I'm using)Still too soft but what I expected after 10 yrs.