Note to New Members ×

whistler in Nov.

trailertrash

Yeah, it's worth the trip.

The mountain spends a lot on grooming the mountain to get it ready for the US Thanksgiving holidays - which traditionally kicks off the snow season at Whistler.

They have the snow-making machines going full blast as soon as it's cold enough to get to work.

There is a huge variability on the condition of the snow in late November, depending on how much natural stuff comes down to augment the snow making.

In the last 15 years, the earliest that I have been able to ride Whistler has been October 15th, and the latest December 15th.

George

Hi,

2 years ago I had to reschedule my trip there b/c they had hardly any snow- something like 19 runs. hardly worth going (for me anyhow). My understanding is Whistler is in a valley, which can create some interesting weather situations. We were supposed to go in December and had to postpone until Feb. Of course 2 weeks after we postponed they got a massive dump, but they still didn't have all their runs open. Might be wise to play it by ear if you can. I'm wondering the same question re: Colorado and Utah...

good luck,

Barry