Note to New Members ×

Board center

Masahiko

Hi guys ,

How do you all work with 'board center' ? They say 20 or 30 mm setting back is suitable for most riders .

I sometimes prefer to set up my binding as 'exactly center' ( no set back). And the otherhand , sometimes set it back for 40mm.

Of course it would depend on the board and snow conditions or something like that .

Are there any right choice ? ( I don't think so ):confused:

How do you think about that ?

Please give me your setting or opinions about board centering . I am looking forward to you guys post !

If there's no fresh snow, or if I plan on staying on groomers, I ride totally centered. I have one board with some setback which I use for days with lots of fresh, or late-season slushy stuff.

I think setback might also be useful for steep moguls too, but I haven't put that theory to a proper test yet.

If there's no fresh snow, or if I plan on staying on groomers, I ride totally centered. I have one board with some setback which I use for days with lots of fresh, or late-season slushy stuff.

I think setback might also be useful for steep moguls too, but I haven't put that theory to a proper test yet.

Too much tip in the steep bumps and I usually go for a long ride head first down the slope. Course I'm a wimp and using a 156 anyway.

Be careful, board center and insert center are often two different places. The insert pack is usually set back from the board center an amount that the manufacturer thinks is appropriate. So if you want "board center" you must measure from the ends of the effective edge to determine the setting. You probably know this already, but just in case.......

Hi Chris ,

Thank you for giving me an advice . I usually measure effective edge length everytime I got a now board . And in fact , many people misunderstand about board center as you said .

Actually , I bought 2 boards from PRIOR this season. One is a METAL and the other is not METAL. Inspite of their dimension are exactly the same ,

their insert hole are placed in completely different position.