Note to New Members ×

anybody read Korean?

caspercarver

I do read Japanese, but I'm a lazy $#@. Also, forum-speak isn't like normal Japanese, so it's kind of hard to get through. It doesn't look like most of the conversation is actually about your video though -- I think that "Abnormal alpine style" is the name of another board/forum they're discussing.

In the post that has a link to your video, the poster just says "Abnormal sliding. (Fakie double hand)". Not sure if that means two hands on the snow, or turning both ways.

The response says something like: "Fakie double hand, that's incredible! I bet it would be hard to dislocate your shoulder like that. ^ ^" [Literal translation -- I think the intent is along the lines of "hey, that looks safer than doing EC forward -- less chance of dislocating your shoulder." The carats ^ ^ are a Japanese smiley emoticon.]

The last sentence probably has some carving slang: "There's still a need for sliding/carving drawer, isn't there!" The word for drawer in Japanese is push/pull, so that's probably some kind of technique reference. I'd guess a loose translation is: "I guess I still need to work on my carving push-pull turns"

And allow me to say, that's a kick-ass video. But you're making those of us who can't even EC forward look bad :flamethro

:)

kinda interesting how a snowboarding video made in wyoming gets linked in japan. according to youtube this link has gotten the most views in the world. thanks for the kind words on the video. years ago, i saw peter baur and jean nueva carving switch. i been playing with it for a while trying to get my hands on the snow switch. really come toghether this winter. thanks for your help. cheers.:biggthump

• 1 month later...
kinda interesting how a snowboarding video made in wyoming gets linked in japan. according to youtube this link has gotten the most views in the world. thanks for the kind words on the video. years ago, i saw peter baur and jean nueva carving switch. i been playing with it for a while trying to get my hands on the snow switch. really come toghether this winter. thanks for your help. cheers.:biggthump

LOL, hey Casper, one of mine is tops in Russia!

especially with such an obscure title. how does you tube say people are finding your video? i would say half of the links/embedded players to my video i cannot find. my video now is getting the most views from germany but when i click the link it goes nowhere? your video is pretty unique, keep up the good work. :biggthump

especially with such an obscure title. how does you tube say people are finding your video? i would say half of the links/embedded players to my video i cannot find. my video now is getting the most views from germany but when i click the link it goes nowhere? your video is pretty unique, keep up the good work. :biggthump

Looks like it was linked on a couple of Russian carving sites. Totally mind blowing that people a half a world away are geeking out on this!