Note to New Members ×

Going bald for cancer

Randy T.

It’s that time once again for me to shave my head and raise money to help fight childhood cancer. Last year Zoom started this thread for me and several people from this awesome community pitched in to help out, so I’ll start the shameless plug this year.

I know times are tough right now but childhood cancer doesn’t care about the economy. It attacks in both good times and bad. Any pledge no matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

I did this last year in honor of a very special little girl who sadly lost her fight to this horrible disease. My team’s name this year is Kylee’s Wish, because Kylee asked her father to make sure no other kid had to go through what she had to go through.

If you would like to make a pledge for my bald head you can do so through the following link.

Thank you!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
Randy, so sorry to hear about Kylee. Happier news about my sister - still cancer free about 1 1/2 years after her last chemo treatment!

Glad you're helping to make Kylee's wish come true! :biggthump

I am so glad to hear that Sunny is still cancer free!! Best wishes to both of you :1luvu: and thank you once again for the support! It's really great to hear the positive stories that come out of this.

One more bump... Todays the day, the hair will all be gone in a few hours so I decided to go green for the day. I should have done the green on Sat. to go with my outfit for retro day!

Thanks to all that have donated, you Rock!

You had such lovely green hair - how come you dyed your eyebrows and facial hair brown? :lol: :lol:

Seriously, thanks for your efforts to help the cancer kids! :1luvu::biggthump

One last thank you for all of the support and donations! :biggthump

Several BOL members who have not posted here helped out and you are all awesome!

Everything has exceeded my expectations based on the tough times we all face. As of now the event raised about half of last year's numbers but it will be a few weeks before everything is processed.

Regardless we are still helping the kids that need it and making a difference in childhood cancer research, and we're a step closer to fulfilling Kylee's wish.

Blessings :ices_ange

Hey Randy

in the "inner circles" of cancer treatment that you know of, is any notice given to the concepts of systemic toxicity, what amounts to allergic reactions, and diet in childhood cancers? Excitotoxins? Refined sugar?

Sure, some may just be the "luck" of the draw, but with cancer on the rise across all age groups, something's wrong, and unfortunately the cut/burn/poison method is rarely, if ever, a true cure.

Hi Dave,

I referred your question to my friend because I didn't feel qualified to answer that. His reply is below.

"I think the key word here is “treatment” verses “research”. St Baldrick’s places yearly grants in many institutions in many areas of research including diet. They have a full list on their web site of what areas they have funded.

Our team raised money so in the future our love ones won’t have to face the cut/burn/ poison treatment."

Right on, Randy! Thanks for the effort, and tell your friend thanks for the answer.

I just wish that more "alternatives" would be further explored. It saddens me because it seems so clear that standard treatments, especially chemo, just rarely work. I know they work sometimes, but even then the risk is of more serious / another illness later on

childhood cancer is a whole 'nother pile of weeds, but it seems to me that at least some of the answers are out there, and they aren't "cut/burn/poison."

best of luck to anyone you know who is ill!