Note to New Members ×

soft ski boots for carving

MAP

Guest Randy S.

They have the long sole of a ski boot so you'll have to run steep angles if you have normal size feet. Plus I think they look cheesy, but that's my opinion. Are you buying them so you can also use mini-skis or real skis w/out having to buy two pair of boots? That's the only excuse I can think of. They'll still have lateral stiffness like ski boots. If you get them, report back on how they perform.

you could get UPZ boots that have the option for DIN toes and heels so its possible to ski with those boots

the SB ledges come off and you can put on the ski style ledges as far as stiffness goes I have ridden in the rossi soft skiboots(have the leather tongue) they sucked the flex was all wrong too stiff in some places and too soft in others and they dont work with intec which I think gives a more responsive ride

Not really interested in using the softboots for skiing - just carving. Good points re: boot sole length - should have thought of that.

I guess I'll start looking into new carving boots. I purchased a virtually new pair of Burton Wind boots last year, but they are too small...

Thanks for the tips.