Note to New Members ×

For you guys that go through Monterey to Snowshoe...

WRXRacer111

In case anyone wasn't aware, the local police are very serious about ticketing ANY sort of violation possible.

I got a 14 over speeding ticket there 3 weeks ago, a friend got a 14 over speeding ticket there 2 weeks ago. Another friend got pulled this past weekend along with 1 other car (both for tint violations, license plate not mounted on front of aftermarket grill guard) while a 3rd car got pulled over leaving the gas station for having auxiliary headlights mounted on the hood of his Wrangler (never mind the lights were not hooked up and were non-functional).

Just thought I'd pass along that if you have anything that could conceivably be ticketable about your vehicle or driving, you'll probably get ticketed for it near Monterey, VA. I guess they like to answer that question "don't you have anything better to do?" Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

22" In 7 Days

The last 7 days have brought 22” of snow to the resort. Skiers and riders have been elated with the conditions, and powder hunters have been coming from across the region to enjoy the fresh snow. Snowshoe has now received a total of 181” and has surpassed its average annual snow total.

Dennis, Thanks again for the dealieo!! (mtn bikin buddy who got my lift tik comp'd)

Snow report = FOG, lots of it, all day, with the exception of about an hour... of-course we were eating our lunch then

Somehow saw another hardbooter on a lift through all the fog...

Good to see & ride with you again Chris!

my lil crew bailed at about 1/4 to 4:00 and had an easy drive back towards Richmond...

untill just the other side of C'ville :bugeye: :snow2:

had 7" on the ground at the house this morning.