Note to New Members ×

Stimulus to stimulate skiing/snwboarding in Minnesota

Kent

What happened to the end of earmarks?

What happened to the end of old Washington politics?

face it.

obama's bill is not just about stimulating the economy.

It's about partisan political payoffs to liberal ideologs under the guise of economic castastrophy avoidance.

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund insurance exemptions, but only for companies that work on recreational boats longer than 65 feet?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund Filipino World War II veterans for their service?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund the Transportation Security Administration to buy 100,000 uniforms from U.S. apparel makers?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund programs to help smokers quit?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund studies about the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund extending Medicaid to 'family planning' (read taxpayer funded abortion)?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund new sod for Washington's National Mall?

Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund snow-making-equipment at state-owned SPIRIT MOUNTAIN ski area in Duluth, Minn ?

This is quite simply a trillion dollars worth of 'shovel-ready' BS <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_118404-->

<!-- THE POST -->

While I agree the waste and stupidity (taxes? I owe on taxes?) continue, sounds like a bit of sour grapes. Besides, we all know this type of thing NEVER happened in the last 8 years. Honestly, I have no problem seeing criminals on either side prosecuted for the same things the rest of us would do time for, but lets not forget those who got off scott free when the Constitution was used as Toilet Paper and the inner circle re-wrote laws to justify their agendas and stroke their egos.

"Do any of you really think that our great country risks immenant catastrophy if we do not immediately fund snow-making-equipment at state-owned SPIRIT MOUNTAIN ski area in Duluth, Minn ?"

Definately YES!! Without this, it could lead to the end of democracy as we know it!!

We'll fund this by using a few weeks saving from shutting down Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp! Brillant!

Side effect: we get our Constitution back from the extremeists! You know, those chicken ****s and chickenhawks that believe there is a terrorist under every rock and the only way to preserve deomocracy is to torture foreign nationals and break the Geneva Convention!!!!!! For those of us that have actually fought for this country, that crap is an insult to everyone that has been wounded and died for the flag.

It is a PRIVILEDGE to spend this money in Duluth and preserve democracy.

Thank God it's Friday nite. Otherwise I might get argumentative. And bait people. And mock them.

Rick

How about using that cash to add a few thousand feet of elevation to Buck? Wouldn't take too much dirt to get the job done.............

... or buy out the sunny acres trailer park, dump tons of fill on top of the double wides and build up the terrain park area, make a couple black runs...

then call it the back bowl! high five!

i think the top portion of milkrun/cross roads is already landfill.

... or buy out the sunny acres trailer park, dump tons of fill on top of the double wides and build up the terrain park area, make a couple black runs...

then call it the back bowl! high five!

i think the top portion of milkrun/cross roads is already landfill.

Ya know, I have a vision here of a mixed-use area with skiing/boarding on top and energy-efficient underground housing below. Think this thru and it is a win-win deal with just a little govt funding.

Rick

I don't think it any different to a municipal golf course benefiting from improved city water supplies. Provided it benefits the community, creates more jobs and other economic advantages, there should be no problem. It's real and tangible unlike some other stimulus ideas.

BobD