Note to New Members ×

Hooger Tuned 163

RDY_2_Carve

I hate to do it but this board isn't getting used so it's up for grabs. I offered it to Bryan first but he said he had a longer version in the collection already so hopefully it will go to a good home.

I personally loved the board and the shape is very unique (I love the tail). Topsheet material seems like some type of ceramic type material? I don't know what it is exactly but if has the same texture as stone tile?!? I guess you'd have to see/feel it to understand. Not sure on the specs either but if I'd have to guess I'd say it's in the 19cm waist range and 9.5-10.5m SCR? I can manually measure if you like and you can plug it into the SCR calculator.

I'll post current pictures tonight, but here's the board in the condition I got it to give you a general idea:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3810&stc=1&d=1139352870

The board was basically NOS when I got it. I've put around 30 days on it since then. It's not perfect but it's still got plenty of life left in it. Typical binding marks, topsheet dings, and base scratches. Probably the best part is the base has never been ground and the edges have only been filed once. It could probably use a professional tune if you're the anal type?

$150 + actual shipping from 87120. Payment via Paypal (I will eat all fees).

I can deliver to SES...I'll be there Feb 11-13.

Edit:

Measured the width on tip/waist/tail:

Tip 9.75" (24.75cm)

Waist 7.5" (19cm...damn I'm good!)

Tail 9.25" (23.5cm)

I only had a ruler so couldn't measure anything else...

I took a couple pics and I'll get those up soon. If you want the high res version reply here with your email addy and I'll send them your way.

If you PM me I won't be able to check that email until I get home from work. Hotmail is blocked on base...

Or you can email me a john dot wynn at kirtland dot af dot mil

JPW

P.S. The board has a lot of camber!

P.S.S. Not sure where it would fit into the quiver? It's a nice freecarve board for the more crowded days. I imagine you could use it as a SL board for gate bashing? I don't race so I can't really comment on that. The only reason I'm selling is because it hasn't been ridden yet this season since I started riding plates on my Lib Tech Dark Series...and my true alpine board is a Coiler 172 AM-T (so now you know why the Hooger isn't getting ridden...). :)

I've got the 181 version of this board and it is a blast. Would love to have this for short radius on the tight crowded trails down here. I can't really use the 181 here. Unfortunately, I just bought a new soft boot setup. Is the flex of this board on the softer side like my 181 is?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest attaboyD

Hey I'm interested in this board, but I am new to the carving community and don't know if it is the right kind for me. I was given a 172 gs board to start off with. Although crazy fun; I think I'm going to kill me or someone else with it sooner or later, it is too fast and too stiff at this point in time. Would you recommend this board to a beginner?

I would say go for it! you will never hurt this board, while it is older it will serve you well on crowded slopes.I have one, as well as a double cambered hooger booger a very interesting ride and a technology i'm sure will be revisited at some time .The same way tinkler has reinvented the once famous kildie flex .Might want to make an offer but if shipping in included ???:biggthump

• 7 months later...

Still has storage wax on it from the end of 2007/08 season. :( It's been wrapped up in my garage in a bomber board bag ever since.

So how's about $100 + Shipping? I'll even scrape the storage wax, hot wax it, and brush in some structure. Hey that's gotta be worth 15-20 smackers right there!

Just like to see it put to use....Don't be shy I'm a nice guy. :) PM me.