Note to New Members ×

Newbie looking to Buy Boots, Board & Bindings

SingleWhiteLine

I just demoed a carving setup recently and I am stoked to get my own setup. As I am a newbie I am not totally sure exactly what I want, so I am open to sensible suggestions.

I think I want a Freecarve type board in the 170-180 length range. I currenty ride a 170 Arbor A frame which I plan to continue to use on powder and crud days and use the carver for those high pressure system groomer days.

Feet size is a Mondo 27.5. In my telle and AT boots I use a Mondo 28 shell but I am not sure what shell fits me in Deelux. The demo setup had a 27 Deelux shell that seemed a little small in length.

Stats

185lbs

6' tall

27.5 mondo foot

Location Park City, Utah

I'm looking for a free cave setup that I can grow into over a pure beginner setup.

Like I said I am open to suggestions and would prefer to pay for slightly better quality or less used equipment.

Thanks for your input and suggestions

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. I'm not sure if you are still looking, but I've got a barely used Burton ultraprime 168 setup from a few years ago with mint condition burton race plates. It is a great setup. Easy enough to learn to carve on, but has enough performance that you will stoked to open it up when you get better. Built to be more of a freecarve board, being a little softer than the factory prime, which was their race board. I will send pics if you are interested. EMail or call. Thanks, David 303-927-8093

It has to be a pretty hard day before I can't trenchdig on my Aframe 166. I noticed you tele. I ride in the medium weight Garmont tele boot. You have to make sure the toe bail on the binding is wide enough and if it's loose because of the tele-toe you can use a shim on the throw of the binding. My current setup is tight, but some bibdings fit some boots better than others. You can also cut the toe off but it can pop out of some tele bindings then. Angle your feet so you don't have any boot overhang and have faith, it'll be there for you i promise. Full blown race rigs are sweet, and i have a seldom ridden one, but don't let not having one slow you down in the least. I can happily carve groomers for days on end and do considerable back and sidecountry, moguls, a little bit in the park(I'm getting older) and I can trench dig switch all on the same rig. UH...I'm trying to exstoll the virtues of carving an Aframe not tooting my horn i swear...you can do it too. I can "upgrade" to my Scarpa T-1s on harder days. AT boots are similar, about as stiff as a rec carve boot, just no beveled heal and toe If you decide to sell yours i might be interested. Nathan