Note to New Members ×

Stratton on the week-ends?

Jeffrey Day

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how the crowds are at Stratton on the week-ends? I have this Friday off! I want/need to do some boot work at The Starting Gate.

Should I do my boot work on Friday or Saturday? And does anyone know of a cheap place to stay on a Friday night?

Thanks for any insight!

Hi Jeff!

My recommendation would be to come into the Gate on Friday, as it will be much less crowded. I'd offer to have you stay at our house, but I've got my entire family visiting this weekend.

The conditions are great at Stratton right now too, so you won't be disappointed. Hope to see you.

Jeff,

Paul will be will be out riding Friday, see other Stratton thread. We will all be out on Sat. If you are going to stay and ride I heard Stratton has some great deals on lodging/ticket packages check the web site.

If you stay for Sat. let us know, we should be able to get you out for early access with us. On the hill at 7:45AM gives you 45 min. with no one on the hill (usually 4 runs)

Alex

what liners are you getting into what boots?

thanks

I am, at minimum, going to have my liners remolded into my SB323. But, seeing that my liners are the liners from about 3-4 season ago that had the neoprene in the toebox area, I've found that the neoprene does not hold it's molded shape. The toebox that I had molded into my liners a few years ago doesn't exist any more, now my toes are freezing this season! I'm done with that!

So I am considering trying the Intuition liners, or possibly the Dalbello Gold liners. Although my gut would tell me to go with the Dalbello Silver liners. But the Starting Gate doesn't have the Silve liners on hand. I'd love to get new boots too...but that is a whole other fiasco waiting to happen!

Babble, babble, babble!

Jeff