Note to New Members ×

Crystal Mountain, MI 1/24-25th

Sharkey

I made it out Saturday morning at 9:30 and lasted till 12:30.:biggthump I saw 2 others on carving gear, 1 local and 1 racer. :flamethroThe conditions faded faster than the weekend before as Buck and Loki were a little to bumpy to carve easily by noon.:freak3:

Yes Knoch, That was me you were riding with the weekend before.:p

Sorry I didn't make it out there on Sunday ,my father in law passed early sunday morning....kinda ruined my day.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal had hero snow and now crowds today...I got there at 9:15 and there were still runs without tracks! It was so nice I stayed till noon and might of hurt myself in the process. The weather is supposed to suck for carving this weekend but I might go out saturday morning if it aint raining!

Warm weather sucks for carving? You have got to be kidding me. I love Carving in warm weather. Its when the boards end up breaking, but as long as I wear something waterproof its a blast. I'll be out there rain or no rain. Its too bad I missed the fresh snow again...

Hey guys. I saw you out there on Sunday clebner, as if you didn't know that. I would have taken some runs with you but I was running the college course while they let me.

Did anyone else make it out this weekend at Crystal? In total between Saturday and Sunday I know of 8 people who were out on hard boots, and one more if you count the person I met on the chairlift that I set up on one my my boards for 7 hours Saturday night(I did my best to bring one more person to this sport). I thought that was a pretty good number for Crystal in one weekend.

The snow was great for riding all of Saturday, Sunday morning it was a little too hard for me but it softened up in the afternoon, so it was a great weekend to be on the snow

I saw 6 hardbooters on the hill today, and I met the guy you set up. He says he has a new found respect for us.

I stayed out till 4 and got to ride a little with a couple other hardbooters. The crowds were hit and miss all day...I had 1 closed call with a straightliner.

With any luck I'll make it back out next weekend.