Note to New Members ×

VIST plate - front, central or rear fixing?

piciu

What you refer with 3 fixing scenarios?

you can fix still one of 3 mounting points of the plate:

1. rear bindings inserts on the board

2. central holes (drilled in board or pre asembled i.e. some kesslers and some new SG)

3. rear bindings inserts on the board

and let the plate "float" on the 2 other mounting points when the board bends. As of manufacturer the choice is rider preferences.

I dont think that you can insert it only from rear or front, that plastic is nuch too soft to hold.

I think only option is install it from front AND rear plus with center 2 extra inserts. But you perhaps could leave center ones away but i dont think that is good idea.

My NSr has those 2 extra inserts and is installed from all 3 places and it floats nicely :1luvu:

we misundertodd each other, i alway mount all the holes/inserts:

1. 4 screws rear

2. 4 screws front

3. 2 screws central

so there are always 3 mounting points/10 screws. The options i have is to determine one of the points to mount it still using the provided oval pads under the srews. The following 2 mounting points are fixed with the round pads under each screw, so they can "float", since all the mounting holes in a plate are always oval.

Simply, my question was which point (this can only be one) to choose for the oval pads.

we're close

in terms of the distance you can mount it 3 ways: 50, 48 or if you only turn 1 square (either front or rear) 49.

but what i'm still asking, where do you let your plate to float on the board, which square is fixed with the oval pads?

there's only 1 point allowed for oval pads: front square or rear square or central.

I never tought that they could be elsewhere than in center :rolleyes:

so mine are in center.

oh yes they can... that's whay you received 4 oval pads, not only 2 :)

the majority of racers go for rear fixing but front and central are also allowed. i spoke with simon schoch at EC race in Goetschen last December. his suggestion is rear...

rear should give the maximum of floating effect, but you might feel it harder to initiate the turn at the begining.

but according to simion, this will benefit once you get used to.

The question i'm addresing is to get the riders opinion on different mounting scenario.

Just got my new NSR few weeks ago and i have had no time yet to compare test yet. Specially cause taking vist away and put it back takes some effort, same applies to testing these settings above.

But looks like next week i will be testing NSR without Vist due i broke my Vist.