Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek updates

jtslalom

website says opens at 9, i don't hold a season pass.

can i work around that?

if not i'll be looking for you on north and granite

(I'm on a prior metal)

sorry Eman - got no way around that one. i was told conditions were sweet today. Looking forward to doing some riding with ya. I'll be looking for ya...i'll be riding the gondola I"ll keep my eye out for ya.

I spent monday morning at Blue Mountain. Hooked up with 4 other carvers. Such a nice mountain...good steep and wide runs. We are planning a BMES (Blue mountain expression session) I assured them I would bring some people from Mountain Creek....hope you didn't mind...LOL...we much represent. Looking to do a Friday or Monday...3rd or 4th week in Feb. I will keep you guys posted.

Who's in?

Well,

It turns out that my knee injury isn't as bad as I first thought. The doctor says that it could possibly be a miniscus tare but more than likely isn't. He gave me an anti-inflamatory and said that I would be ok to ride in about a week or so. I haven't been out since last Wednesday where conditions were pretty good. I have off the whole week starting with presidents day through Friday. I will be riding just about every morning and will post for each day.

Conditions this morning were pretty good but Devils Bit was down right great. It was a hard pack groom with a tiny bit of ice in the middle, just enough to keep you honest and just great for carving. I met up with Tommy, a guy I haven't ridden with in 4 - 5 years who was riding hard plates. It was nice to make turns with some one who can rip. The knee felt pretty good as I'm sure I'll be out during the week.

Well I was suppose to go to Stratton today but postponed it until this Saturday because of the snow. I did ride at MC today and conditions were pretty good considering there has been no new snow either natural or man made in some time. I met an awesome skier named Lee who wants to start hard booting. Hopefully I got him hooked. Zero-G was in great shape for carving and held up well throughout the day.

anyone riding north tomorrow morning Saturday 2/21. My wife and I will be there bright and early - until the crowd shows up...they we over at Granite.

jersey carvers go to PA ride board...getting together for the BMES(blue mountain expression session) there are some fridays to pick from...come on guys lets represent and carve that effing place up :biggthump

Cafe,

I went to Stratton yesterday. Man talk about soft condions, it was almost to soft. There were alot of people and up to 20 minute lift lines but good carving. For the BMES I voted for March 13 and hope that others take the time to actually vote. How was MC? How were conditions? I was there Wednesday morning and conditions were pretty good.

I went riding yesterday Thursday 3/5 and conditions weren't bad. I rode the racing trail from 4:15 - 5:30 pm. I went home and got my daughter and nephew and then rode on the Sugar trail. Conditions on it were very good. It was only my third day riding since my knee problem and it still feels a little weak but I definately would like to ride a few more times this year. If Sunday morning is nice I might ride then. Hope to see other carvers there.