Note to New Members ×

are these snowpro fast bindings?

Kex

Someone emailed me saying they have FAST bindings, but they just seem wrong. As far as I can see there's no toe bails( he has them "new in the box", and the heel connectors seem to be in the wrong place.

Are they just an older model or something? or is this not FAST bindings at all?

The seller doesn't seem to know for sure, he says he is selling them for someone else. I just figured I would get some input from the BOL community, and hopefully some people who have FAST bindings.

5jwa4x.jpg

1621zjq.jpg

ab44zs.jpg

For reference, this is what the current snowpro fast look like:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14804&stc=1&d=1230859995

fastraceLTD.jpg

Any input is welcome. Thanks

Keep your snowboard away from that bindings :mad:

If you go step in...buy intecs.

why intecs? I was thinking FAST because I hear about a lot of people having intec cables snap on them. Also, if you use intec heels on your boots, and you have, say, a second board with bails, you have to switch back to your old heels in order to use bail bindings, because the heels interfere with the bails.

Also, if you use intec heels on your boots, and you have, say, a second board with bails, you have to switch back to your old heels in order to use bail bindings, because the heels interfere with the bails.

not true, and 3rd that those are soft boot bindings. Notice the receiver is in the center vs the heel on the snopro bindings you posted pics of.

why intecs? I was thinking FAST because I hear about a lot of people having intec cables snap on them. Also, if you use intec heels on your boots, and you have, say, a second board with bails, you have to switch back to your old heels in order to use bail bindings, because the heels interfere with the bails.

Depends on the binding. I know Burtons work just fine with intec, I had to ride with heels for 2 days before I got them sold. Never seen em in person, but I'd imagine that FAST has the same problem that Physics were plagued with, which is the holes get plugged with snow. The only advantage I could imagine fast having other than no cable breakage is the fact that I don't think the lever returns all the way until you're clicked in.

not true, and 3rd that those are soft boot bindings. Notice the receiver is in the center vs the heel on the snopro bindings you posted pics of.

Yea, the placement of the heel receiver was the main thing that made me think they were not for hardboots, but I figured I would post to be sure. Thanks for confirming this guys.

It isn't true that the heels interfere with bails? I've never tried it myself, since I dont have intecs, but I have heard other people say they do interfere, as in the retractable bolts make the heel too wide to fit the boot into the heel bail

...but I'd imagine that FAST has the same problem that Physics were plagued with, which is the holes get plugged with snow. The only advantage I could imagine fast having other than no cable breakage is the fact that I don't think the lever returns all the way until you're clicked in.

FAST has a spring loaded plug that pops out once boot is disengaged from pins and sits flush with the side of the heel. It's supposed to keep snow out. It works 89% of the time. When I have to hoof it in deep snow or if the snow is wet it can clog and give you a partial lock. It will click but halfway hold. Easy way to check ( I check before I make my first turn on every run) rock boot laterally. If it pulls out, you got clog. Fast will also do this if not properly adjusted...usually from being adjusted too tight. Good thing though is both holes usually don't clog simultaneously so there is still some bit of control to get to safe place to adjust or unclog without catastrophy.

Have had FAST for 2.5 seasons with no issues other than wet or deep snow...I dig em. I must not ride as hard as Dave:cool:

J

stay away from snowpros.

if you ride as hard as most of us do, you will destroy them.

Do a seach for a thread i posted like 2 years ago... I destroyed a set of snowpro RACE bindings and i was haulin ass when it blew out too. I got lucky not injured.

:AR15firinSNOWPRO

I'm on my second season with snowpro race ltd standard bail bindings, without a single issue.

I may not ride as hard as "most of you" but I do get solid carves in, albeit at my 155 lbs I don't put the same stress on them as some do.

Those are snow pro fast softie bindings. same mechanism for different application. I have ridden the fast system at 285 with no problems. I find them a little stiff.

FWIW The sno pro standards dont work with my intec heels installed since the rear bail hits the pins.