Note to New Members ×

It all came together

hockey2

First let me say "Thanks" to Alpine girl for riding with me last week and laying down the base. She helped me a ton on my heelside and corrected my tail from skidding

I went out yesterday and read the drills section before I left. I took everything she taught me and then threw in the "pencil" drill. That's when it all happened. Amazing what a little angulation will do. I was carving big, single line, arc's in the snow. I would look back at my line and they were deep, sharp lines in the snow. I was concentrating on the Pencil and the lines were getting better each time. By the end of the day I was carving arcs at the tree line confident that I could control the board.

It took what was a Labor of Love for the past couple of weeks into a complete blast!!!!

I can't wait to get out again next week.

Anyone want to buy a softboot setup???

Anyone want to buy a softboot setup???

Heh-heh - congrats!

I've been teaching a friend of mine to ride an alpine board and she isn't quite where you are yet, but after her first day on hardboots she realized she would never use her (pretty much brand new) softboot equipment again.