Note to New Members ×

Carvers in Snow Summit on Sunday the 11th

Arclite

The runs at Summit weren't special or anything (In the sense that Broadway at Mammoth is...oh my god that's a fantastic run) compared to what I can get at East Mt. High. Sure was nice being with other carvers though. I have a season pass to high and there is NO mountain driving. My brother also goes to UCR, so it's a 45 minute drive for him, so that's another big part.

My dad doesn't like the mountain driving very much. He doesn't mind Baldy's drive, but he gets that road to himself, just the way he likes it.

Haha I'm up to 5 now.

Certainly will. Sometimes I forget that not everyone obsesses over everything they get involved in.

Here's one for you!

Bob took pictures of the EGR on his SBC with his DSLR prior to retrofitting it to a Ford AOD, so that in the event he created a FUBAR situation, he would at least know how it should look.

I just got back from Summit. The snow was hard pack early on, which I pretty much expected with the weather warming up the way it has begun to do. But it was just grippy enough still to hold an edge. Things got better as the sun was able to its thing. However, you could tell that they were having a little bit of trouble rolling it over night. There were a lot of sections that had what Jimmy used to call "cookies" - the chunky residue left over from the snow cats' tracks. With things continuing to warm up for the next few days, I'm not overly optimistic about snow conditions come Sunday, but I'll be up there anyway - just in case. :)

Rode at Snow Summit today (Friday). Conditions stayed hard and carvable all day long. Grooming was good, I didn't encounter any cookies. The bottom half of the "Wall" was awesome!

People were complaining that it was icy; but that's because they were on the wrong equipment:D

I'll be surfing on Saturday and joining the crew at SS on Sunday.