Note to New Members ×

Repairing damaged Kesslers

Sam B

Over the past few year our racers have had have had a few collisions with gates, other riders etc... and damaged the noses of their Kesslers. I am specifically looking for epoxy recomendations when re-gluing the dmaged layers back together!

West System is pretty fool-proof stuff. Just follow the directions and make sure it's warm enough when you use it (70^ is good). If the lams come together tight, should be fine to use by itself. If you need to fill gaps, pick up some glass matt or roving to fill with. Most important thing is to make sure everything is clean and well abraded. Use acetone and 80-120 grit paper. If you're trying to bond to an abs tip-spacer, head over to skibuilders.com and graffsnowboards.com forums and read up on bonding abs.

Good luck!

makes me wonder if it's possible to re-lam the entire metal sheet with a new one

maybe with a topsheet on top of this?

Bruce?

wanna start a re-lam service?

would gladly pay $150 for a new top on my prior!

Believe it or not I have done many total retoppings right to the core. Required a few tricks to learn but I have it totally dialed now. Unfortuantely your pricing is a bit low as it takes about 3.5 to 4 hrs and $ 100 in materials. Its a super useful skill when doing proto work as it cuts down the amount of wasted boards big time. I developed the skills a few years ago while trying to fix up some of the early models which delammed.

BV